How could he??? >

How could he???

How could he???

Old 04-26-2016, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
What she said.
What THEY said!
Old 04-26-2016, 07:54 AM

I've marked, with a Sharpie, either fabric or paper, on all my scissors. Solved the problem.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

Oh my, tell him to start saving!! he should replace them since he now knows they were your good scissors!
Old 04-26-2016, 08:30 AM
Banned

My hubs, and family learned the hard way to keep their
hands off ALL my scissors.

I simple put a ribbon on the handles if they are "free to use"
NO ribbon means keep your paws off.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
guess I will put them on my Christmas list again....
Why are you letting him get away with it? He ruined your perfect scissors - he owes you a new pair NOW. AND since you can't be using them until the new ones come in, he should also add something else to the order.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:51 AM

Oh my goodness folks... they are JUST scissors!

Nothing but nothing is worth having a hassle with my son in law over a $20 - $25 item.

I've used some things inappropriately in life and now so has he. We learn and maybe make the same mistake again but it is not earth scattering event in my opinion.

I've never understood the drama this repeatedly seems to cause. There are scissors in our house that cost lots of money and if they got ruined I'd be sad but not wanting to call out a lynching mob.

Hopefully you explained (possibly even for a 3rd or 4th time) about scissors, got an apology and hopefully he will replace them. If he was cutting decking material, was he there doing you a favor that would have cost you money if someone else did it? If your "good" scissors were "out" and not where he was use to seeing them, could he have thought they were the "everyday" scissors since he doesn't use/see them all the time?

Take a breath...there are far worse things in life.

Off my soapbox and back to the grindstone.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
My question - is he still alive?
My idea exactly! Love it.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Oh my goodness folks... they are JUST scissors!

Nothing but nothing is worth having a hassle with my son in law over a $20 - $25 item.

I've used some things inappropriately in life and now so has he. We learn and maybe make the same mistake again but it is not earth scattering event in my opinion.

I've never understood the drama this repeatedly seems to cause. There are scissors in our house that cost lots of money and if they got ruined I'd be sad but not wanting to call out a lynching mob.

Hopefully you explained (possibly even for a 3rd or 4th time) about scissors, got an apology and hopefully he will replace them. If he was cutting decking material, was he there doing you a favor that would have cost you money if someone else did it? If your "good" scissors were "out" and not where he was use to seeing them, could he have thought they were the "everyday" scissors since he doesn't use/see them all the time?

Take a breath...there are far worse things in life.

Off my soapbox and back to the grindstone.
You do have valid points -

However - I would still be very irked - until I cooled off, anyway!
Old 04-26-2016, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
DSIL grabbed my 7" Karen Kay Buckley scissors (the purple handled ones) and cut the plastic ties on some decking material -- they were with some fabric scraps I was working with. He knows where I keep utility scissors -- they were about 3 steps away in a drawer. I tried them on fabric and they don't quite cut right -- sigh. I really love those scissors - guess I will put them on my Christmas list again.... (At least they are still made DH used a favorite pair of embroidery scissors to cut wire and I never could replace them.)
Go get his favorite tool and use it for say, chopping up concrete!! It's a valid response.. outside of a severe beating with a cast iron skillet.... OH and just put padlocks on all your scissors from now on. THAT should be a clue.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:57 AM

I agree with what others said make him buy a new pair and make him understand that anything yours is off limits for his use