Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you guys get your DHs to USE the quilt ya made them?? >

How do you guys get your DHs to USE the quilt ya made them??

How do you guys get your DHs to USE the quilt ya made them??

Old 01-23-2011, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by laurlync
Maybe he doesn't want to use the two because neither one could be replaced...your first quilt and one made from his Trek shirts. Perhaps if you made him one that is not as "special," he would be more willing to use it.
Ditto, I bet this is why
Old 01-24-2011, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
Mine will only use them if they have the flannel backing. And to your hubby...if he doesn't use them, just don't make him anymore. Problem solved let him keep his old one or maybe just put a cover on it.
Originally Posted by KayT
My son and husband say they aren't warm they have air pockets and can't keep warm under them. My son says the kids quilts are warmer since they have been washed more often. Then they sink down around you better. LOL
Just looked at the picture you have and missing my Sam(male) and Skoshi(female) Sam looked so much like that cat,he lived nine years and Skoshi live 18 years, she was almost part of me she was so close and loved to be held. I ejoyed my two crazy Siamese so much. My collie love to tease them both, she would walk up behind one of them and nugs them in the rump and the cat would balistic and she would walk away wagging her tail looking like she was laughing.This was some sort of game with her.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
It's sweet that he "treasures" them so well. But I can understand your frustration, too.

I'm grateful I learned to quilt with Mary Ellen Hopkins who wrote "It's Okay if You Sit on My Quilt (Because I Can Make Another)" because her philosophy has colored my perception of the life and strength in my work and the quilts.

Perhaps you yourself might take one out and drape it across the back of the sofa "for winter use" or display. See if he actually fights you over that.

Otherwise, I guess you could ask him if he is saving them for his *next* wife!

Jan in VA
Haha! Cute. Saving them for his NEXT wife. That should get him. My DH has no problem using the quilts I make. It's the pillows I make that I wish he had a little more "respect" for. He doesn't mind punching and rolling them up for "better support."

Just a thought. I noticed that the quilts you showed have a lot of white in them. Perhaps if you chose fabrics that were more "dirt" friendly he'd be more willing to use them. The white is gorgeous and so fresh looking, but I can see how that may make him think twice before "soiling" it.

:lol: :lol:
Old 01-24-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
It's not a problem here. I make quilts. I toss them in the living room. They migrate all over the house.
same here... i finally made one to be my "blankie" i used fabric left over from dgd & dgs baby quilts... dgd (5 yrs) told me it had her bear fabric, it must be her new blankie...even if it does have dgs's fabric too...

every day when i get home, the new game is find grammy's blankee.