Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How good are you at THROWING AWAY???? >

How good are you at THROWING AWAY????

How good are you at THROWING AWAY????

Old 08-10-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
You could always send them to me!!!!! I love scrappy quilts.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I use them all, cut them to the shape I need and pass on the ones i wont use..

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: if anyone wants to get rid of anything less than a fq but bigger than 1x1 i would gladly put them to good use.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
LOL you beat me to it, I was gonna ssay the same thing. I think I will change my name to Charity P.I. Forward. Do you think that will work? Heeheee
Old 08-10-2011, 11:30 AM

I only throw away scraps that are too small to use. If I have a fabric I think I will never use because I don't find it attractive, I give it to the Senior Citizens Store, along with anything else they can sell or use. I hate to throw something away when it can be of use to someone.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:40 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by wildyard
Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
You could always send them to me!!!!! I love scrappy quilts.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I use them all, cut them to the shape I need and pass on the ones i wont use..

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: if anyone wants to get rid of anything less than a fq but bigger than 1x1 i would gladly put them to good use.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
LOL you beat me to it, I was gonna ssay the same thing. I think I will change my name to Charity P.I. Forward. Do you think that will work? Heeheee
lol.... It might !! :thumbup:

I like to use up all my scraps, i really LOVE the downright UGLIES... when cut up small they add charm to my quilts..
Old 08-10-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I got really brave this year and got rid of lots of stuff. That's not like me at all but I just couldn't stand the disaster in my sewing room.
I kept only what I love and I'm a lot happier. I don't miss one thing I gave away!
I agree totally!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:20 PM

Terrible! I keep pretty much every scrap ... never know when I will need a teeny bit of something
Old 08-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Power Poster

OMG!!! i'm not a hoarder---but i definitly do not THROW AWAY- when it comes to fabrics, orphan blocks ect...i pass them on to some one who will do something with them- and appreciates the opportunity!
i'm afraid to even read posts on this one---i think i would have a heart attack to read of any of you throwing away instead of sharing
Old 08-10-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
OMG!!! i'm not a hoarder---but i definitly do not THROW AWAY- when it comes to fabrics, orphan blocks ect...i pass them on to some one who will do something with them- and appreciates the opportunity!
i'm afraid to even read posts on this one---i think i would have a heart attack to read of any of you throwing away instead of sharing
I so totally understand how you feel!!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:12 PM

I thought you were asking about things around the house, other than quilting fabric. At that I am REALLY GOOD!! I hate clutter of any kind but am not OCD, LOL. As far as fabric is concerned, the only thing I do not keep is crumbs. Sewing them together would make me crazy.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:16 PM

I'm a thrower - all scraps either go in a bag for ladies that make scrappy quilts for children or to the Ways and Means table at my guild.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Seriously, how good are you about throwing away those strips, orphan blocks, scraps, crumbs, etc? I usually carefully put everything in bins and about once a year decide to try to use some of it up. Right now I am making those mug rugs and I can't tell if my stash is getting smaller. About now I feel like the guy who tries to finish the internet...it just isn't going to happen! :lol: So...do you throw this stuff away, do you keep it until you use, do you close the door & don't worry about using it?
Now that my stuff like that is sorted into color families including white, blacks and browns, into gallon baggies in a row on the shelf, I find myself getting into them frequently. Ironed flat- they take up a lot less space!!!
That said, I recently gave away a whole large log cabin quilt top I really disliked - that was easy! LOL!!!
....and I do toss quite a lot during the sorting... or give bigger pieces away. I don't keep any scrap under a 2 1/2" square.
Sorting, instead of sewing are my "awake-in-the-wee-hours of-the-night" projects ! (No damage to me or ongoing projects done!)