Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to keep DH away from your sewing tools >

How to keep DH away from your sewing tools

How to keep DH away from your sewing tools

Old 11-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Power Poster

I think that pink to a lot of men is like waving garlic in front of a vampire LMBO
Old 11-22-2009, 07:19 PM

HAY GIRLS THAT PINK THING REALLY DOES GIVE THE GUYS THE HEBBY GEBBIES.I HAD ABOUT TEN GUYS THAT WORKED WITH ME AN IF THEY HAD TO GO GET MY TOOL BOX FOR ANY REASON THEY'ED TRY AN GET OUT OF IT REAL FAST.AN ALL I DID WAS PAINT MY BOX FIRST AN THEN
I POURED MY TOOLS OUT ON THE CEMENT AM HAD I CAN OF PINK PAINT
AN WENT TO PAINTING MY TOOLS.MY BOSS MAN GOT A KICK OUT OF IT
HE KNEW HE WAS HAVEING TO REPLACE TO MANY OF MY TOOLS AT HIS EXPENCE.SO HE DIDN'T COMPLAIN ONE BIT.IF THEY BORROWED IT AFTER THAT THEY WAS SURE TO BRING IT BACK.AN I'D HAVE A BALL WITH THEM IF THEY DIDN'T.WHEN I QUIET I THOUGHT I HAD ALL OF MY TOOLS AN TWO MONTHS LATER SECOUND IN COMAND BOSS HAD FOUND MY TAPE MEASURE AN MADE SURE I GOT IT BACK.I DID HAVE A REALLY GOOD TIME WITH THEM BOYS AN SO DID EVERYBODY ELSE.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:41 AM

Now that is just plain funny!! :lol:
Old 11-23-2009, 06:50 AM

My DH did something similar...he used my rotary cutter to slice open some cardboard boxes. Fortunately, he didn't cut himself. In his defense, he didn't know what it was...but he sure does now!!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:26 AM

The only problem that I had was with my good scissors. I solved that problem by putting cheap scissors in several drawers. And making mine harder to find. I have heard of women that put a combination lock thru the handles of their good scissors. Nothing worst than dull, chewing scissors.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

Now that is a GREAT idea LMBO combination lock through your scissor handles!!!! I LOVE IT :D :D :D
Old 11-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by Loretta
I keep getting into my husband's tool kit for his metal tape measure- works better than anything I have in my sewing room- maybe I should buy my own?
Yes! I say this because it is one of the things I'm always borrowing from my DH's toolbox and I noticed his tape measure isn't as clean as I would like. And if I got my own he wouldn't have to go searching for his all the time. :lol:
I do need to get one of my own of those. For some things they work so much better than the floppy ones. I'm the one that wanders off with stuff and "forgets" to bring it back. I prefer to avoid the monolog that DH has when he can't find something.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:44 PM

For me it's that tone he gets in his voice when he calls out asking if I know where one of his tools are. If it is a hammer, tape measure, or electrical or painters tape, there's a 99.9% chance I have it. And I always think the same thing when he ask me about it. "CRAP! I really did mean to put that back this time!" :roll: :P :lol:
Old 11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tiffany
For me it's that tone he gets in his voice when he calls out asking if I know where one of his tools are. If it is a hammer, tape measure, or electrical or painters tape, there's a 99.9% chance I have it. And I always think the same thing when he ask me about it. "CRAP! I really did mean to put that back this time!" :roll: :P :lol:
Like its ALWAYS my fault when he can't find something!

Every once in a while - when I get a chance - and I live for the opportunities - I love to play back what he says to me - but I just can't get the volume high enough!

Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 PM

LOL! :lol: