Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilt do you have that you've made? >

How many quilt do you have that you've made?

How many quilt do you have that you've made?

Old 06-26-2010, 10:09 AM

I have given away every quilt tha tI have made. Some are still at my house, because I made them for my DGD or my DH.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:25 AM

my husband never said anything about wanting one until I finished one I thought was for great granddaughter. I was a scrappy one and he said I couldn't give that one away he wanted it. So needless to say I had to make her another one. I have saved 4 out of the many many many I have made. My girls liked all of them and had there name on them before I finished. Don't regret it abit.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:50 AM

BKrenning, I did not think I was a fan of denim quilts, but I love yours!! WOW great job; if Hubby gets tired of it I can give you my address :lol:
Old 06-26-2010, 01:08 PM

I didn't keep any of my early quilts (made in the 80's/90's...I do have one of them back now tho... :( It was one I made for Mama, and when she died, I got it back, but it's "just" a wallhanging, all hand done.
Since I've started to quilt again, I still give everything away! Last Christmas, from November to Christmas I made 7 lap quilts for MIL and the grands...

Not a quilt, but I do have a table runner and 6 placemats that I made recently that I decided to keep!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:52 PM

I started quilting when I retired the summer of 2006, and kept a photo album of all my projects. I just counted last night and I have made 10 quilting projects and 11 bags to match for my friends, grandkids, and daughter-in-law. I only have 3 that I've kept, and one bag. Now I'm working on one for my sister...I love each project and hate to part with them, but I enjoy the photos I've taken.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:01 PM

I have two for our bed (summer and winter), one for my living room (couch), and a T-Shirt quilt I made for DH. See pics below of two of them below. I have made a lot of quilts over the years, mostly given away to friends, family, charity, and sold some too!

Our winter Dahlia Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86847[/ATTACH]

Australian Rail Fence (living room quilt)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86852[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86842.jpe   attachment-86847.jpe  
Old 06-26-2010, 06:53 PM

I am starting my 15th quilt, only one will I keep, maybe the next one... I just got quilt "parts" from an unfinished future object from my mother...I don't know where that one will end up...!!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:09 PM

I have made more quilts than I can count.. given away LOTS of them.. but I still have about 25 here in my closets and blanket chest and laying over the backs of couches and easy chairs. I make them to give, and I make them for me to enjoy.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:43 PM

I have one. Just finished it in April. Will be on our bed this fall. I have only completed 4 so far and 3 have been given away. One was a memory quilt for my ex-bosses brother. Am now working on 7 more and most will be given away.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:59 PM

I have made 26 quilts. I have most of them. I made one for my son, brothers and daughter. I also made one for my mom. If I'm not making them for someone I can't give them away. I have seasonal ones that I bring out. I look at them have them on the beds, couch, chairs etc. I have a couple projects going. I also have a file for each quilt. I take pictures of them when I started to finish. I have them in my computer and each quilt has it's own folder. It is nice when I want to look something up.