Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilt do you have that you've made? >

How many quilt do you have that you've made?

How many quilt do you have that you've made?

Old 06-26-2010, 10:42 PM

I have one for my bed and a lap size that I made for charity but just couldn't part with it. All the rest I have given away.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:50 PM

I have also made a quilt diary...so I can 'remember' each quilt made....it's conception date and finish date...approximately it's size and value...who got it...etc.
I am so pleased to see a thankyou note once in a while.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:50 PM

Opps...apparently hit the send button too many times.
AND, I love the winter dalia quilt
Old 06-27-2010, 03:18 AM

Debbie, I imagined my house with a quilt in every room and china cabinet and on every bed. It would be nice to see pictures of all of your quilts. You must have been quilting for a long time to have made that many quilts. Eiltcoq.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:11 AM

Yes, I have several. My first Sunbonnet Sue, A Christmas throw, a backyard birds throw, a winter wall hanging, a spring wall hanging, several table coverings and runners, a Halloween quilt, A Baltimore Rabbit quilt, a summer garden quilt, and of course all the tops that still need to made into quilts. There are probably more that I have forgotten.

As for names, here are a few: Sue Sue's Quilt, Just Scrappy, Dinner Time? (frogs), Be My Valentine,Flying Flowers and Friends, A Winter's Dance, Spring Fling, Jungle Friends, Paige's Purple Passion, Elepinks #1, Fancy Feathers, Winter Song, Just Peachy, Little Lambs Eat Ivy, Oh What a Beautiful Morning, No Foxes in This Chicken Coop, Happiness is...daughters, granddauaghters, A Basketfull of Happiness, Moonlight Serenade, Tootie Frootie. These are some of my latest quilts. I have posted pics of some of these.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:24 AM

I have 2 one is the very first one I made in a learn to quilt class. Each block is different.

The next one is a queen size for our bed so this one isn't entirely mine.

I did make DH one also, this one is not mine and I did not keep it so I'm not counting it.

Hey does DH stand for darling husband or D**N husband?
Old 06-27-2010, 05:48 AM

I've made bed size quilts for every member of my family and some have more than one as I make many memory quilts for their special occasions. I have downsized from large quilts to wall hanging sizes or baby quilts, or lap/sofa quilts. I have some in almost every room plus so many on myquilt rack that I need another one. My friends and I made Quillows to take downtown for the homeless. I don't consider myself selfish if I hang on to my quilts. after all by the time you get them finished they are almost like children.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Banned

I don't have a single one for me that I've made. Each boy and dh has one..............but I do have quilts that my mother has made for me!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:22 PM

I have made 200 or more quilts and gave them away and sold a few. I had nothing I made for myself until 2 years ago. now I still make lots to give away.And most of my Cmas gifts are quilted items but I have begun making quilts for my house and keeping them.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:27 PM

I never seem to make anything for myself. The one quilt that I do have my Aunt made several years ago. Love giving them to my loved ones though.