Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many WIP's Do YOU Have?  Be honest! >

How Many WIP's Do YOU Have? Be honest!

How Many WIP's Do YOU Have? Be honest!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:56 AM

I'll say I have 4 WIPs.

I have got one BOM quilt that I started a few years ago. I made all the blocks, but didn't assemble them and sew them together to make the top.

That's a project I have to finish.

Then I have three quilts, two queen size and the purple lap quilt that I posted here a while back that are all quilted (by a pro) and need to have the binding sewn on them.

I have to say, my mom has been gracious enough to offer to do the binding, but she says I have to sew the binding on the sandwich part, then she'll hand stitch it down for me. I can't even seem to make myself do that.

Here's a quilt I designed and made two years ago, love the quilting, but hate the way it turned out, and haven't been motivated to really finishing it.

This is how it was supposed to look.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10097[/ATTACH]

This is how it turned out.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10098[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-10097.jpe   attachment-10098.jpe  
Old 05-21-2008, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
I have one I am hand quilting, three to be sandwiched........two half finished piecing.......two to hide and they are taking a long ride. I have a pile of patterns with fabric that haven't been touched.
Ruth...I have to ask "two to hide and they are taking a long ride!" What do you mean? :idea: :?: It sounds like maybe you have 2 somethings you don't like and plan to take somewhere and dump...like to the Goodwill Store or Salvation Army!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:01 PM

Boy, Cordelia...I don't see anything wrong with either of these quilts. They are both gorgeous! Bless you mom for being willing to hand sew the binding. Wish I had someone willing to do that. My mom would be willing to sew it if she were able to but she's older, sick, has bad eyesight and just can't anymore. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:23 PM

Well, you all make me feel like a tidy, controlled tight little old lady. I have a strict rule (not yet broken) to not start a new thing till last job completed. At present only have one project on hand and thats a celtic knot table runner. I have just got a new embroidery machine and am spending ages trying to understand the computer side. I think I can begin to see my way, but very slowly. Maybes when I get whizzing with it I will break my rule!!!
Jane
Old 05-21-2008, 12:28 PM

I used to think that way until I got the bright idea from this board that everybody works on multiple projects, so- why not? I did finish 1 baby quilt this week end. I think I want to finish up the ones I have started just to clean up a bit. I hate unfinished projects (but if you could see the files I have on my desk for policies- OMG it's a disaster). I think I need to adopt this attitude here.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:30 PM

Lol Feathers, I'd be scared to even start counting. I freely admit that I don't get to the quilting part very often. I know I have several block sets, then there's last years BOM for Grandson, New Year mystery quilt, 400 missing 4" squares, some where......6,7,8, oh my goodness, 4 table runners not completed in time for Christmas, hopefully by next christmas......9, 10, 11, 12, oh dear, Quilt for Sis, Quilt for other Sis. Lol, I'm going to stop counting now, while I can still say you're the WIP Queen :wink: , that's my story and I'm sticking to it :lol:
Old 05-21-2008, 12:32 PM

I have three quilts in the quilting stage. One needs to be cut and pieced. Several Christmas panels to work into tree skirts, aprons and such, and two afghans started that I am crocheting.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:41 PM

I only have 2. The sampler that is intimidating me and the baby quilt I am working on for my cousin's baby. I still can't do the WIP thing. It kills me to move on to something else when something isn't finished. Just a phobia I guess..lol
Old 05-21-2008, 12:54 PM

No too many, but now that I think about it, I don't know where some of them are. That is sad, isn't it?
Old 05-21-2008, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by newquiltertoni
I only have 2. The sampler that is intimidating me and the baby quilt I am working on for my cousin's baby. I still can't do the WIP thing. It kills me to move on to something else when something isn't finished. Just a phobia I guess..lol
I dont think it is an intentional thing, this wip thing, its more like we all suffer from QADD :lol: :lol: :lol:
(quilters attention deficit disorder)