Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How not to store batting. >

How not to store batting.

How not to store batting.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Well it's good news that the plastic is breaking down as they say it takes 450 years for a plastic water bottle to degrade. It's bad news that you have to pick off a million plastic scraps. I might break out my vacuum and hold it above the surface and see if I could suck them up.
How would they know it takes 450 years for water bottles to break down? No one has lived that long. Plastic water bottles have not been around 450 years.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:33 PM
Power Poster

Maybe it was something in the bamboo batting. I only use Hi-Loft poly batting. I avoid biodegradable everythings.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:07 AM

I'm a bit late to the posting here but I thought another tip couldn't hurt. If you haven't gotten around to trying the vacuum cleaner yet when you do you might try using a tennis racket in between the batting and the vacuum nozzle. The webbing on the racket will keep the batting from being sucked into the hose but allow the tiny bits of plastic through, and it should help you hold the batting down while you move the nozzle around.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:32 AM

I do have a couple packs of pre-cut batting but I use them 1st before I go to my bolt of batting above my cutting table. When it looks like I'm running out of batting, then I start looking for sales on the batting i prefer which is usually 70/30 Hobbs. I have some large quilts coming up to be quilted and it looks like I'll run out before I get thru them so went ahead and ordered another bolt. Still sitting near my front door in its packaging to keep it clean. Here's a pic of my batting hung above my cutting table. I use a metal 6' long ruler clamped on both ends to cut the batting.
Attached Thumbnails fabric-shelves1.jpg   rod-holder.jpg