Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How would you quilt this? >

How would you quilt this?

How would you quilt this?

Old 03-21-2014, 02:37 AM

[QUOTE=TeresaA;6637212]As promised, here is a picture of the fabric. I included the selvage. It is about a 10-year-old fabric, so I wish you luck if you're trying to find it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]468272[/ATTACH]

Thanks again, everyone. You have given me new confidence that this will be a good quilt to give my niece and her family, plus you've helped me develop quilting ideas.[/QUO TE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teresa, thanks for posting the pic with the selvedge showing.
I am always interested in the fabrics used for Kaleidoscopes.
I have bookmarked this thread for inspiration. Would also like to see a pic of the finished quilt.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:59 AM

Oh, wow! B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l, beautiful!!! Isn't it amazing how many different designs from the same fabric?
I can't give you any advice on how to quilt it, guess meandering?..... Thanks for sharing….
Old 03-21-2014, 03:48 AM

no ideas, but wow,wow, wow!!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:59 AM

OMG-This quilt is Awesome! I love the sashings you used .I've done several OBW & never thought to do it this way! Another reason I love this board! Love the idea of making the blocks stand out more with extra batting. Also love the white, it makes the blocks really Pop! Beautiful quilt & if it were mine I would keep it to display!LOL
Old 03-21-2014, 06:49 AM

I know the feeling. I love this board too. Such a group of warm, encouraging and inspirational people. Thank you all AGAIN! (and AGAIN!) ;-).
Old 03-21-2014, 08:19 AM

Can you do a cat, or cat face, in each kaleidoscope?
Old 03-22-2014, 05:02 AM

Love the quilt, it is absolutely gorgeous. I like Tartan's idea of STID on the sashing and then outlining the blades in the blocks. Easy for me to say, but I'm a big fan of quilting the blades to make them really shine. You will do an amazing job I'm sure because you sure created one fantastic quilt top.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:50 AM

I am a S&W junkie. Just had seen this pattern made up on Google and now here it is!! Beautiful, beautiful. If you don't like it, my address is...... There was a post here sometime or another about quilting the plates for S&W. Maybe that could help you. It is wonderful.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:01 AM

That is a beautiful quilt!
Old 03-22-2014, 09:37 AM

I just spent 4 days watching You Tube videos and reading blogs by longarm quilters. Here's what I learned, in response to your question.
First consideration...what is this quilt being used for? It's a baby quilt and probably will be all over the floor, dragged in the playroom and hoisted to cover chilly feet on the couch...so I'd think the all-over design would be practical.
Second consideration...If the motif is very square, blocky and geometric then you want to use curvy patterns. So far, it's looking like a curvy pantograph is what you want. But, let's continue (after all those hours I spent, I'm actually trying to see what I learned, too.)
Consideration 3...will the quilting actually show? If the fabric is busy, forget about it! It doesn't look like there's too much room for a quilty show-off pattern...so, back to the curvy pantograph.
Consideration 4...your personal feelings. You've indicated that you've fallen out of love with this quilt. That seems to me that the logical solution would be to find a simple quilting story and tell it as fast as you can. Why wasted your time and energy on something you don't love. I bet you, like the rest of us, have 3,689 quilts you intend to make in this lifetime...so, get on with it!