Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen >

I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

Old 04-12-2011, 05:33 PM

Horrible of it to happen to both of you.

As many have said before, hopefully a neighbor picked it up to keep it safe but with this much time passing I'd think they would have delivered by now.

The TV / Radio / Newspaper sounds like a possibility.

Good luck in getting it located.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:42 PM

don't blame yourself...i just sent a 4th quilt in the mail and i didn't require a signature...i hope it gets to its' rightful owner...i can only imagine your angst...i'm truly sorry for you..
Old 04-12-2011, 05:44 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Debby, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Can you maybe quickly make her a pillow from the scraps of the quilt, that she could have with her when she has her surgery?

I've (unfortunately) encountered lots of shipping problems, probably because I ship so many packages. Usually they get delivered just fine but when things go wrong... wow. Sometimes even a signature won't save the day. We routinely require signatures on all packages valued at over $150, and if it's going to an apartment building or to the New York City or Miami areas, we get that signature for anything over $100. But last fall we sent a $300 package to a residence outside Pittsburgh PA, by FedEx, requiring a signature. The driver obtained a signature from a woman who happened to be standing on the porch when he came by. But apparently that was not the customer/addressee, because the customer called the next day to say that she had not received the package even though it showed up as having been delivered AND signed for, with her own surname.

If it's a very valuable or irreplaceable package... the ONLY way to go is USPS restricted delivery. They will require government-issued ID and will release it to the address only. It is very expensive. So are your time and tears.

Sure wish this type of thing never happened to anyone!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
Do you have a picture of the quilt? If you do, call the local newspaper and see if you can have a picture posted in the lost and found section. If someone did take it and re-gifted it you might get it back that way. Just an idea. So sorry. And I hope your cousin is doing well. Its a difficult battle but much easier with family that cares.
This is a cool idea (but maybe run it past your cousin in case she doesn't want anyone to know about her health or whatever). Hope all goes well for her.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Rie

I so know how you feel. My exhusband's mistress (now his girlfriend) stole threw away got rid of a quilt I made for my daughter then proceeded to blame my family members. I just said a prayer for her won't say what I prayed for :D

check your PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:39 PM

Thank you all for the kind replies and information. I have found some more information tonight. I sent the quilt to the WRONG address. Unbeknownst to some, my cousin had moved and I received the incorrect address from a trusted family member.

I will call the PO in GA and hope that the mail carrier realized that my cousin didn't live at that address. Hopefully, my box is being returned to me. If not, I'll have to chalk this up to a stupidity on my part. One can't grow without making mistakes.

I will make her another quilt.

Y'all are all awesome. Thanks so much!!!

Hugs to each of you. :D :D :D
Old 04-12-2011, 06:41 PM

I am so sorry I know how you must feel. Is there anyway you could ask the local news stations to say something about it?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:42 PM

I am SO SORRY that this happened to you. Imagine the evil that surrounds thieves and their stolen items.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:44 PM

A couple of weeks ago I got a package on my porch. UPS doesn't ring my doorbell for some reason. Anyway it was for someone in my neighborhood that was not the same number or the same street. The next day I delivered it to the right door. Maybe that will happen.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:45 PM

Maybe one of her neihgbors has it? Has she asked around? hope the quilt is found and your cousin heals quickly!