Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen >

I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

Old 04-14-2011, 09:28 AM

I wish them terrible nightmares every night till they return the quilt. Jan :thumbdown:
Old 04-14-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
The driver obtained a signature from a woman who happened to be standing on the porch when he came by. But apparently that was not the customer/addressee, because the customer called the next day to say that she had not received the package even though it showed up as having been delivered AND signed for, with her own surname.
This has happened to me before. When I called to report my package not arriving I was told I signed for it. I asked another Fed Ex driver about it - he told me they are actually contractors paid by the package, not employees paid by the hour.... so, sometimes they would sign a persons name themselves and leave the package on the door step so they wouldn't have to come back.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:41 PM

Heard on the national news on radio, that don't put anything in your mail box to mail if it is important, as things are getting stolen--what next.

Praying it is returned or they R.I.H.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:47 PM

Location: Massachusetts / Vermont === Now in ==Green River Utah = Owner of GreenRiverKOA Campground

I am so sorry , who ever has it will never have any luck,
You said someone had signed it ?, then the PO officer who delivered it will know who did sign for it, you may check on that , but talk to the head person in the office..he/she will get in touch with that person.. good luck and God Bless
Old 04-15-2011, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by KandiKane
I am so sorry , who ever has it will never have any luck,
You said someone had signed it ?, then the PO officer who delivered it will know who did sign for it, you may check on that , but talk to the head person in the office..he/she will get in touch with that person.. good luck and God Bless
All they had to do was look at the name on the package, then sign that name--then you can TRY to prove it is not the right signature....
Old 04-15-2011, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by shnnn
This has happened to me before. When I called to report my package not arriving I was told I signed for it. I asked another Fed Ex driver about it - he told me they are actually contractors paid by the package, not employees paid by the hour.... so, sometimes they would sign a persons name themselves and leave the package on the door step so they wouldn't have to come back.
What? I hope this isn't true although these days it probably is.
So what good is getting a signature then, if the drivers are going to sign names? Unbelievable.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:31 AM

So sorry I truly hope it shows up - and I pray that your cousin comes through the surgery with no problems -