Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen >

I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

Old 04-13-2011, 01:13 PM

Thanks, qb--I have been biting my tongue for several pages now!

My missing box is found---sent to the wrong person! Obviously I was having a bad day!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:05 PM

sorry that happened.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:16 PM

I keep checking back hoping you'll say it turned up!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:20 PM

Once again, thank you all for your kind words.

I put a call into the post office of the city I sent the quilt to...Athens, GA. The lady I spoke with will talk to the carrier and give me a call.

I'm trying to be optimistic. In the meantime, I will plan and start another quilt for Mistye this weekend. IF the first quilt shows up, she'll have two quilts from me.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

Yes! The power of prayer!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:31 PM

Wether you have insurance or sign for delivery if the package is lost in the mail it is lost in the mail! I sent a quilt to Idaho in January and it took a full month for it to reach it's destination this year. Last one I sent there took less than a week. I live in Maryland and when I send a package to Florida it only takes 3 or 4 days at the cheapest rate. Letters to there take 7-10 days! Go figure! Good luck on your package. I'm betting it will probably get there only later then usual.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by qbquilts
Does anybody actually read all of the replies before posting? We're on page 8 now and people are still telling her to check the neighbors or suggesting ways to catch the thief. The OP posted on PAGE 3 that she was given the wrong address to which to send the quilt, which is why it was never received. Please, please, please read all replies before posting.

Dear OP,
I hope you can contact the family at the wrong address to get this straightened out.
I keep trying to send my reply and it isnt going through for some reason.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:55 PM

Does anybody actually read all of the replies before posting? We're on page 8 now and people are still telling her to check the neighbors or suggesting ways to catch the thief. The OP posted on PAGE 3 that she was given the wrong address to which to send the quilt, which is why it was never received. Please, please, please read all replies before posting.

Dear OP,
I hope you can contact the family at the wrong address to get this straightened out.
Sometimes we are all typing at the same time and eventually it goes through. 2nd time I am typing this as the first time my reply disappeared. I think we are all giving our sincere empathetic well wishes to the person posting who needs a hug and a prayer.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:10 PM

Dear OP,
Hang in there...you only joined a month ago -- this happens a lot........and NONE of us take offense.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Antdebby1
Thank you all for the kind replies and information. I have found some more information tonight. I sent the quilt to the WRONG address. Unbeknownst to some, my cousin had moved and I received the incorrect address from a trusted family member.

I will call the PO in GA and hope that the mail carrier realized that my cousin didn't live at that address. Hopefully, my box is being returned to me. If not, I'll have to chalk this up to a stupidity on my part. One can't grow without making mistakes.

I will make her another quilt.

Y'all are all awesome. Thanks so much!!!

Hugs to each of you. :D :D :D
I'm hoping this is posting on page 8! At least you got some relief that is was not stolen. It just might find it's way back home, like the lost dog that traveled for weeks after accidentaly being left behind at a state park. Praying it remembers it's maker and where it used to live.
Tonnie