Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen >

I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

Old 04-13-2011, 08:17 PM

I am so sorry.Maybe a neighbor took it in out of the weather, may not hurt to ask.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:24 PM

I just went through having 2 packages missing. 1 sent by ups was special formulate medication for my back and the 2nd was from a local quilt show across town sent by post office. I had been talking to both about now receiving either one. Well I got luck because the pharmacy had put my phone number on the shipping label and the lady who had gotten my medication called to let me know she had it. She lives on 84th pl and I live on 86th pl, same house#. I meet her to get the package and went back home. As I pulled in the driveway she called again stating she had checked her mail box and had another package for me. The lesson that I learned from this is to put either my phone# or the receipents phone# on the package as well. Or at the very least put something in the package with contact information in case it gets delivered to the wrong address.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:31 PM

Sadiemae: I like your avatar.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:35 PM

That is just too sad. Hopefully the thief will mend his/her ways and return it. Or, consequences could be breast cancer. What goes around comes around.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:57 AM

I had a box from connecting threads that was traced to our little post office and that is as far as it was traced. never got it ! Connecting threads sent more at their expense . they are wonderful! I will always buy from them .
our postman leaves our boxes on top of the mail box and we area a bout a quarter of a mile from it! any one can drive by and lift the pkg in a heart beat.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:56 AM

Here's what is funny. I ordered fabric from Joanns, it was shipped by FedEx and I could track it. It took 12 days from order to delivery. BY THE US POST OFFICE MAIL CARRIER!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by redmadder
Here's what is funny. I ordered fabric from Joanns, it was shipped by FedEx and I could track it. It took 12 days from order to delivery. BY THE US POST OFFICE MAIL CARRIER!
Yes, both Fedex and UPS do this as an "economy" service- they deliver a bunch of packages to the post office, instead of doing the individual deliveries, then the local post office takes over. I have found it takes a looooooong time.....
Old 04-14-2011, 04:47 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by chiaraquilts
Originally Posted by redmadder
Yes, both Fedex and UPS do this as an "economy" service- they deliver a bunch of packages to the post office, instead of doing the individual deliveries, then the local post office takes over. I have found it takes a looooooong time.....
This partnership is called "SmartPost". Our FedEx salesperson has been trying to sell us on it. But Chiaraquilts is right, it takes a LOT longer to do it that way! Were we sending packages cross-country, instead of 2-3 days (Priority Mail) it would take 7-8 days. And I think that is a step backwards in terms of serving our customers. So I told them no thanks... I will stick with the Post Office for most things... and regular FedEx for heavy/valuable items where complete package tracking is important.

SmartPost is a bit less expensive than regular FedEx shipping, and of course package tracking is available, and FedEx insures the packages... right up until the point where the package changes hands to USPS. And it is on the final mile of the journey where 95% of the losses will occur. (Misdelivered, stolen ...) So in my opinion there's no advantage to SmartPost for a little business like ours.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Sew Krazy Girl
That is just too sad. Hopefully the thief will mend his/her ways and return it. Or, consequences could be breast cancer. What goes around comes around.
Please read OP's post on page 3. She was given a bad address to which to send the package. She's working on tracking it down now. It was not stolen off her friend's porch. Also, don't wish breast cancer on anyone. That's just not nice.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by qbquilts
Originally Posted by Sew Krazy Girl
Please read OP's post on page 3. She was given a bad address to which to send the package. She's working on tracking it down now. It was not stolen off her friend's porch. Also, don't wish breast cancer on anyone. That's just not nice.
Ditto! To qbquilts