Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am tired...stash sorting? >

I am tired...stash sorting?

I am tired...stash sorting?

Old 06-06-2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
I keep my Christmas fabric, FQs and solids separate from the rest of the stash. I arrange all of the fabric in my stash by color then from light to dark within the colors (i.e. lightest shade of yellow to darkest shade of yellow). I just love opening up the closet doors and seeing all those beautiful colors. It's so much easier to locate what I want. Believe it or not I even hang my clothes by item and then color! DVDs and video tapes are in alphabetical order. These things might sound crazy, but I never have a problem locating exactly what I need! Does that make me anal??!!
Probably, but could you come to Texas and help me be more anal. I just can't seem to get it.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I organize mine by color and theme. I put all my 2+ yards on organizers and store them vertically on bookshelves. All my 1 yard cuts I store horizontally by color on another bookshelf with dividers between. My fat quarters are in a dresser, organized by color and by theme. Some of my FQ are stored on DVD stands vertically around organizer boards.
Wow! That looks like a model for stash storage. If mine looked like that, I would just sit and stare in amazement. God gave me a few gifts, but organization was not one of them. I try but somehow I fall short. Sometimes I thiink it is because I over think it.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:27 PM

I keep my Christmas fabric, FQs and solids separate from the rest of the stash. I arrange all of the fabric in my stash by color then from light to dark within the colors (i.e. lightest shade of yellow to darkest shade of yellow). I just love opening up the closet doors and seeing all those beautiful colors. It's so much easier to locate what I want. Believe it or not I even hang my clothes by item and then color! DVDs and video tapes are in alphabetical order. These things might sound crazy, but I never have a problem locating exactly what I need! Does that make me anal??!!
I LOVE IT, Will you come do mine ?????
Old 06-06-2010, 02:44 PM

I keep reproduction, novelty, and holiday fabrics separate from the rest of stash in underbed chests. MOST of my stash is kept in 3 drawer chests by color. The long yardage is hung on pants hangers in the workroom closet.

Right now things are pretty messy. There are some shoeboxes full of fabrics that I pulled and cut for several scrappy projects and they are still sitting on the floor waiting to be re-filed by color. And I have fabrics that were given to me that i just piled in a big laundry basket and shoved under the longarm until later. It might could be later, now!
Old 06-06-2010, 03:45 PM

What about your spices? All in order? So glad there are other people like me. Even my socks are sorted in plastic bags by season/holiday.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Albujudy
What about your spices? All in order? So glad there are other people like me. Even my socks are sorted in plastic bags by season/holiday.
Gosh, my spices are in alphabetical order. But my socks are all black. I gave up years ago. I got so tired of losing socks that I bought a dozen identical pairs. If one disappears in the washer, who cares.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM

i sort mine by color, each has a tub or two of its own, then i have holiday, 30's, batiks, kids and homespun tubs, now i have added a floral tub.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I organize mine by color and theme. I put all my 2+ yards on organizers and store them vertically on bookshelves. All my 1 yard cuts I store horizontally by color on another bookshelf with dividers between. My fat quarters are in a dresser, organized by color and by theme. Some of my FQ are stored on DVD stands vertically around organizer boards.
I want your stash!!!!!!! :shock:
Old 06-06-2010, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Albujudy
My spice containers all face out so you can read them -- come to think of it all of my containers face out!! It doesn't matter what it is -- oils, canned food, condiments, etc. Even those in the fridge! I keep my baking spices and regular cooking spices separate. I buy most of my spices in small containers from Penzey's so they are easy to stack. ;-)
Old 06-06-2010, 06:19 PM

No - it makes you very very organized!