Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: I bought 40 Olfa blades!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    I got mine at Harbor Freight for $1.49 plus tax a package and two blades per.

I have a Fiskars, do you think the blades will work?
    Have you tried yours yet? I'm wondering how they cut fabric....

We have a Harbor Freight, so I may need to make a trip this week-end. :roll:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by golfer
    You ladies are really something. Imagine if we were all president of the USA. Things would really get done.
    How true! :D

yes, every senator, congressman, representative and local politico would have a quilt. :P they would never want to get out of bed. oh, wait! they never get out of bed now! :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

I have bought and used the HF blades. They work perfectly, no skipping, they are as sharp as a tack and do not bruise my mat in any way. What a find. I'm ecstatic. If you look at the blades from HF and the Fiskar blades, you will see that it is the exact same product. Both are made in China. I haven't looked at the manufacturer on the Olfa blades, but I did check fiskars and it's all the same product. They work like a charm. Thank you also for the mention of South Star Supplies, I will check their site as well. I am tinkled pink and happy as a peach over these blades. I am a skeptic and my husband and sons even moreso. We were all thrilled to discover not only the price of the HF blades, but even better, they are the exact same product and they work amazingly well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by desertdebbe
    Does anyone know if the Gingher Rotary cutter can only use Ginger blades? Thanks!
    Any brand of blade will work but the Gingher blades are Teflon coated so don't expect regular blades to cut as smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Quote Originally Posted by desertdebbe
    Does anyone know if the Gingher Rotary cutter can only use Ginger blades? Thanks!
    Any brand of blade will work but the Gingher blades are Teflon coated so don't expect regular blades to cut as smooth.
    I am curious on my gingher cutter it is a half blade so how do you get the full size blades to fit and work in it?

what is a half blade? can you show a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsbykandy
    I have bought and used the HF blades. They work perfectly, no skipping, they are as sharp as a tack and do not bruise my mat in any way. What a find. I'm ecstatic. If you look at the blades from HF and the Fiskar blades, you will see that it is the exact same product. Both are made in China. I haven't looked at the manufacturer on the Olfa blades, but I did check fiskars and it's all the same product. They work like a charm. Thank you also for the mention of South Star Supplies, I will check their site as well. I am tinkled pink and happy as a peach over these blades. I am a skeptic and my husband and sons even moreso. We were all thrilled to discover not only the price of the HF blades, but even better, they are the exact same product and they work amazingly well.
    I meant to say "tickled" pink, not "tinkled" pink (SMILE).

can you show a picture of pink tinkles?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    Thank you so much for asking! I went down to take a picture and have learned since that it is "NOT" a half blade. I apologize. I went to try the blade that was originally in it and didn't work, come to find out what I thought was the blade is the safety. :oops: (boy am I embarrassed) I have never changed the blade in it because I could not find any for it locally, and the blade was stuck on the knob that comes off hidden in it. But Thank you! for wanting a picture because now I have it figured out and the HF blades do fit it too! yeah! I can use it again..
    Thank you, Thank you, for helping.

:lol: :thumbup:

bump

I laughed so hard, I think I tinkled!

I still didn't get my question answered from the original post here cuz you crazy folks have gone off again about the newest find! :roll: :lol:

Are the blades that were purchased on E-bay, packaged as Olfa's or is someone buying bulk blades from HF and packaging them and selling as, "Just like Olfa blades"?
    Just curious.

Just to set the record straight, I ordered 20 packs, they are on backorder, and I received a postcard today from HF that they will be in around Oct. 1. Yeah!

You guys are a bundle of laughs and tons of fun. You are the best!!! I've only been reading and loving this board for 99 years, at least (SMILE) and finally decided to join in on the fun. I'm so happy to be here with all of you guys. I'll post a picture of the pink tinkles tomorrow :)

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdek
    I laughed so hard, I think I tinkled!

I still didn't get my question answered from the original post here cuz you crazy folks have gone off again about the newest find! :roll: :lol:

Are the blades that were purchased on E-bay, packaged as Olfa's or is someone buying bulk blades from HF and packaging them and selling as, "Just like Olfa blades"?
    Just curious.

Just to set the record straight, I ordered 20 packs, they are on backorder, and I received a postcard today from HF that they will be in around Oct. 1. Yeah!
    OK Ladies and Gentleman, here is the scuttlebutt on the HF rotory blades. There are none in almost all of the stores in the country (LOL) oops sorry.
    The website is out (which we already knew) and I was told that it will be at least 3 weeks before the website will get them again.(Insert giggle here) That means if you have rain checks in hand it will take another 3 weeks on top of that.... So 6 weeks or so for them, so we are looking at October. Freight day for the stores is Tuesdays, so check in by phone at your local FHT.
    For the one's that want them in Bulk or by the case, you have to try on the website to see if they will even sell them that way. Oh and if you get them on the website they will NOT ship it to your local HFT. Only to your residence.
    OK, did I answer all the questions? I hope so. By the way JoAnns is having a sale on rotory goodies. :D Just thought I'd share that.
    I hope this helped.
    :XD:

When I bought mine I did the same thing! I even emailed them and they made fun of me saying that a half blade wouldn't roll very well. So any blade will fit? It seems to have a different cutout in the center which doesn't allow the other blades to sit properly.
    Debbe

Quote Originally Posted by JAGSD
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    Thank you so much for asking! I went down to take a picture and have learned since that it is "NOT" a half blade. I apologize. I went to try the blade that was originally in it and didn't work, come to find out what I thought was the blade is the safety. :oops: (boy am I embarrassed) I have never changed the blade in it because I could not find any for it locally, and the blade was stuck on the knob that comes off hidden in it. But Thank you! for wanting a picture because now I have it figured out and the HF blades do fit it too! yeah! I can use it again..
    Thank you, Thank you, for helping.
    :roll:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4