Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I bought 40 Olfa blades! >

I bought 40 Olfa blades!

I bought 40 Olfa blades!

Old 08-17-2010, 07:28 AM

I went to Harbor Freight yesterday to get some blades and they were totally sold out! My BFF was over there last week and got some. I figured the Tulsa Quilters hit them hard over the weekend!!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
Someone on here said they get theirs at Harbor Freight or Northern Tools and they were much less expensive. I've looked for the post but I can't get it back. Evidently they use them for installing carpet or something. My DH looked at Harbor Freight and said he couldn't find them. Hope she sees this post!
My husband got me 2 packages *4* blades at Harbor Freight for $1.49 each package. I tested them out yesterday and they worked just fine and didn't do any damage to my cutting board. I believe they are the same blades that we pay over $8.00 for in out local quilt shops.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic

LOL I wouldn't feel too badly Pam, Everyone is buying those blades like crazy but I have yet to hear a report if they last as long, work as well and don't damage self healing mats because they are made to cut carpet. Seems our little QB run on the store made them out of stock on line and almost all locations. They are currently on backorder. I'm not dissing a good deal if these blades are in fact a good deal. But if they don't last as long or damage the self healing mats you may not have paid too much after all :wink:
I did try mine out didn't even leave any kind of mark on the selfhealing cutting mats. Of course I don't know how long they will last just put it in my cutter yesterday. In Oregon we don't have sales tax so even a better deal for me.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I've never seen rotary carpet blades.
They are packaged on a cardboard with what I call shrink wrap around them. The blades themselves look just exactly as the blades we get at quilt shops. Hope this helps.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
Someone on here said they get theirs at Harbor Freight or Northern Tools and they were much less expensive. I've looked for the post but I can't get it back. Evidently they use them for installing carpet or something. My DH looked at Harbor Freight and said he couldn't find them. Hope she sees this post!
They are at Harbor Freight tools and are called Replacement Carpet cutter blades. you get 2 for between $1.19 to$1.49. depending what state you are in it seems.

Great buy on the Olfa blades by the way.. :XD:
Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 AM

Does anyone know if the Gingher Rotary cutter can only use Ginger blades? Thanks!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:10 PM

I am so excited, I found a Harbor Freight in Raleigh,NC! yeah!!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by marygrether
I am so excited, I found a Harbor Freight in Raleigh,NC! yeah!!
Is there anything more fun than a woman in a hardware store?!?! My husband used to think it was hilarious when he said he was going to a hardware store and I said, "Wait for me!!!" I bought a wood chisel and he made me an oak block for cutting buttonholes open; much cheaper than the ones sold in fabric stores. I haven't had one of their catalogs since my husband passed away; I just ordered one.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:26 PM

Just found a Harbor Freight where my stepdaughter lives. Never heard of them before...but will go there next time we are home..... :wink:
Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by desertdebbe
Does anyone know if the Gingher Rotary cutter can only use Ginger blades? Thanks!
I have some of the HF Blades and a gingher cutter. The don't work as far as I can tell. The blade in the gingher cutter are about half the size and are screwed in where the Olfa and HF blades lay in.
Judy
PS if anybody knows a good place to get gingher rotary blades please let me know too.