Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I bought my long arm!

Thanks everyone! I'm a bit worried about the carpet too but the room was formerly known as the "formal living room" so if we decide to sell it'll need carpet in it. It now has 12" tiles around the outside of a carpet that's installed so at least the perimeter is tiled.

We went shopping for paint last night and hubby said absolutely NOT on pink...so when he wasn't looking I picked out 2 of the lightest shades of pink I could find and showed them to him w/o his being able to see their names. He picked 1 card that had the darker of the 2 shades. It had 3 shades on it and actually liked the 2 darkest shades! So...my new QS will be both shades...2 walls of 1 color and 2 walls of the other! My accessories will be pink and brown. I'll take some before and after pics soon...

Diannia

Oh my, you are so lucky to get the Crown Jewel, I test drove it at Nancy's Notions last spring and was soooooo tempted to purchase, but my common sense prevaled. I will be so interested in seeing your studio, will be watching for future posts.

What happy news. Congrats!

Congratulations! I am so jealous! I am currently looking for one, too, but being on a budget, I have to wait until I find a good "used" one--that will be "new" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by quilter1
    Congratulations! Welcome to the longarm club!
    well done. I know what it is like to wait but it is worth it, have fun with your new baby

Quote Originally Posted by aborning
    Congratulations! I am so jealous! I am currently looking for one, too, but being on a budget, I have to wait until I find a good "used" one--that will be "new" to me.
    try ebay that is where I got mine

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Mommy! I understand the excitement because I got my baby 2 weeks ago - Janome Horizon 7700. Woohoot!

I have seen the machine it is very cool. Congratulations.

Blog Entries
    Enjoy your new baby and your studio.

Wish I were you! Congratulations have a lot of fun with it!

Lucky you! So happy for you. We have no dealer close by. Can someone tell me the cost for this machine?

Congrats! Please show pics!!

You are SO lucky!!!

I test drove the Babylock Jewel at a quilt shop in Arcade, NY... played with it for 3 hours, had no problems with tension nothing... but I couldn't afford it, and I have no space for it, and unless we sell I won't.

Have fun with it and designing your own room for it too!!!

Jealous! I tried one at the state fair and it was AWESOME. Can't afford it now, nor do I have the room. But sooner or later these kids (2 still at home) will move out and I think that will give me more money and more room! Have fun!!

You will love, love, love your long arm machine! A tip - instead of practicing on a top you've made, why don't you get a cheater panel - or just a couple of yards of fabric and practice on them. That way you if you don't like it, you haven't ruined a perfectly good top! I took a week's classes on mine and we bought 2 yards of a patterned fabric and 2 of a solid. Used a varigated thread and had fun quilting. It's still one of my favorite projects!

Congratulations! You will be so happy with your machine.
    As for the carpet, I truly understand. My worry is the treads on the carpet and my cats. So, I vaccum very frequently. Beset I can do. But I am very particular about leaving threads around.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! Still pondering if I want one or not......

Enjoy! -- and we'll look forward to some pictures.

[quote=Diannia]Thanks everyone! I'm a bit worried about the carpet too but the room was formerly known as the "formal living room" so if we decide to sell it'll need carpet in it. It now has 12" tiles around the outside of a carpet that's installed so at least the perimeter is tiled.

If you have a good hand vac, it will pick up the threads so they don't clog up your power head on your regular machine. I store mine under my frame. I also tend to put my thread trimmings on the extra batting at the edge of my quilt. It picks up those too before I roll my quilt. You can purchase a set of "tool attachments" that are small enough to clean the fuzz out of your machine as well. Carpet is not that much of a problem. Just be careful of pins!

Enjoy!

[quote=sylviak]
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannia
    Thanks everyone! I'm a bit worried about the carpet too but the room was formerly known as the "formal living room" so if we decide to sell it'll need carpet in it. It now has 12" tiles around the outside of a carpet that's installed so at least the perimeter is tiled.

If you have a good hand vac, it will pick up the threads so they don't clog up your power head on your regular machine. I store mine under my frame. I also tend to put my thread trimmings on the extra batting at the edge of my quilt. It picks up those too before I roll my quilt. You can purchase a set of "tool attachments" that are small enough to clean the fuzz out of your machine as well. Carpet is not that much of a problem. Just be careful of pins!
    I don't see carpet as a problem either, I vacuum after I've finished machinesewing for the day. Or I take the cat and close the door. :thumbup:

Congratulations! I have just started my search for one. It is mind boggling.

Joy

I have had a mid-arm quilting machine for 5 years and find it relaxing & challenging. I enjoy working on my church quilting group quilts and get lots of practice. I just upgraded to another mid-arm with a computer program. We will pick it up next Tuesday and I am quite excited. I can lose many hours quilting but enjoy every minute. Happy Quilting.

Power Poster
    Congratulations. Lucky you.

Blog Entries
    congratulation imso happy for you, i have one on layaway from sewing machines plus just need $3,000.00 more and she,s all mine i can,t wait lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast