Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I can't believe I did something so crazy. >

I can't believe I did something so crazy.

I can't believe I did something so crazy.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:27 AM

Hope you get them back, but if you don't, you can make a nice label by just using the alphabet setting that doesn't need hooping. I use it all the time for q labels. Mine is marked a-z. Will "write" whatever you want in block small or capital letters. Very quick. Good Luck!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:32 AM

We used to do Secret Pals at our church. I was so clever to leave the package for my pal in her car in a brown paper bag. For some reason I went back to make sure the card was in the bag also. I picked up the wrong brown paper bag...it had potatoes in it. Glad I found that in time.

Like someone else mentioned, I forget where I put things. If I had a better memory I could save myself a lot of time.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:01 PM

Oh my, hope you find them,
Old 04-30-2012, 04:52 AM

Not quilt related, but in the vein of never throw stuff out. I am in the process of applying for Medicaid for my 94 y.o. Mom who is in a nursing home. Need to go back 5 years for bank statements and financial records. yup, you guessed it, the woman never, ever kept anything...it might clutter up her house (she hated papers!!!!). Now that she has Alzheimers, she can't tell me what bank she used! Grrrr. We can go back to 2010 when she moved up here to New Hampshire, but where she banked in New Jersey???? No tax returns either...oh well, I can't find lots of my stuff either (although not bank related), but then again I only have "CRS" (can't remember stuff), not Alzheimers. LOL

Hope you find your hoops. Maybe the good karma fairies here on the Board will have some that they are not using and would be willing to sell cheaply? Just a thought. I'll keep you in my good thoughts that the hoops will find their way home.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by mucky View Post
I think my hidden object is worse yet. The only thing I do know is that I didn't throw it away or remove it from the 2 nd floor of my house. The object is the hard plastic cover to my sewing machine!
I misplaced a new oak toilet seat and lid . has not been found 20 years. I was going to tole paint it for a friend.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lee in Richmond View Post
Years and years ago when I was a rather poor Navy wife a distant relative gave my small boys some really nice clothes. We were moving, and I bagged them in a garbage-type bag to pack in the car. Of course my older (5-yr-old) son decided to help by putting the bag in the dumpster. . .the truck had come and gone when I discovered this.
Your post brought to mind when we were camping in an RV and couldnot find our Chauauha, pup the size of your hand. I was sitting on the deck when I noticed a bumping bump in the big plastic full garbage bag. Yep! It was the pup she must have gone in to snoop and gotten bagged up.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
All the stories about our mishaps in life brought lots of smiles. The other night, I said a prayer to St. Anthony and to whomever would listen to me to help me with the misplaced hoops. They were not at the thrift store, a painful lesson I thought. Then the other day, I decided that I have to try the Accuquilt Go again, I am one who didn't like it the first couple of times I tried it. Well, I moved a couple of bins of stash in the back bedroom closet to get at the Go, and removed the dies from top of the Go and my eye caught a white crushed box under the

machine. YES!!!!
That is where I put the hoops, with the other "things" I would never use!!! Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

Never got to try the Accuquilt, husband and I decided to clean out that closet from the "old" work suits that he had, 8 suits that he "outgrew" since retiring are being donated (I am not putting them into black garbage bags - everyone stories have educated me). No suits left, and a wedding in October, so, when Jos. Banks has the next sale we have to
get a "wedding" and a "funeral" suit. I found a "new" silk top and jacket that I can wear (it fits)to the wedding behind his suits. Thanks for giving me emotional support - our lives are so busy.
I promise Saint Anthony a candle and find lost things. Once I threw a salad out the car window to save my froend's new car a mess as it was falling out of the take out box.next day I could not find my antique ring. Promised the candle and remembered the salad. Asked my friend to go back because I had to go to work. She found the salad at the road side and my ring!!! Just before the garbage truck came and would have picked it up. Lost chain nd medal found at side of toilet where I swear I had looked. Mom did the candle. Lost medal found stuck to the chanile robe.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by quaint4900 View Post
Came across your blog and I want you to know that you are not alone. I found myself turning around and forgetting what I was doing. Now all I did was turn around 180 degrees. I am with the lady that can't move anything from the original place I put something or I will forget the new place I put that something.
To much going on in our lives, busy, busy lives.
My friend calls these "senior moments". I buy greeting cards ahead of the day I need to mail them, can't find them, go out and buy them again, therefor mail them late, then I find the first ones. I have many "greetings to my aunt and uncle" which I could not find and rebought but when the holiday comes around again I cant find them again. Tried toput the cards in a special box an have lst the whole box ,numerous times. several boxes. Next I'm getting a plastic clear pocket like they use in offices n hooking it to th wall in the hall. Maybe if thy do not entr the house they will remain in sight?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by glenda5253 View Post
Oh...that hurts! I hate it when I move something to a "better" place and can't find it but I'm sure this hurt much worse.
Ido the same that better place I can't recall but recall the original place. On he CRS syndrome ..drove away and left my new baby carriage just used a Few days. Put the six packfrezbag with formula on the cr roof while I put baby in the car...drove off, realized I did not have it...went back... There it was in the parking place her it hd slid off s I pulled out. Glad I never left the baby .