Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!! >

I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!!

I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!!

Old 06-01-2011, 02:55 PM

I always have to do a load of wash, pick up the house,
do the dishes,etc. before I quilt.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:03 PM

I usually tell myself I can't quilt until I do my time on the elliptical. Doesn't always work. That is why I just joined the weight loss group on here. I though maybe my need for ever more fabric might give me an incentive to loose some weight.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:11 PM

AMEN!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by newbee3
I am with you the thing about having a clean house to me is on the back burner. Believe me I do not live in filthy house just one that is lived in and has lots of love.
My houses gets a good cleaning before company comes - other than that -I try to vacuum once a week, but my greyhounds hate the vacuum cleaner - so in an effort not to scare them - I try not to vacuum
Old 06-01-2011, 04:02 PM

man I wish i cleaned that often, I used to once a week before baby
Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 PM

Wellllll....I am sometimes referred to as OCD by some people 8-)

My routine is to keep my house clean. Bathrooms are scrubbed once a week, wiped down every day. Same with kitchen, but most days kitchen is wiped down twice, morning and after dinner. Dusting is once a week, vacuum three or four times a week. Kitchen floor and all other bare floors are swept on the days I don't vacuum. Bed made every day, laundry as necessary.

Windows and very very very deep cleaning in spring and fall. Move fridge, stove, washer and dryer 4 or 5 times a year.

When working I do the things that need to be done when I get home or after dinner.

robin
Old 06-01-2011, 04:37 PM

We are both retired so Thursday morning we both clean house. I told my DH that since we are both retired that he needed to share the work. Then I try to quilt the rest of the day. I usually do some type of sewing/quilting several days a week.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 PM

Monday I do laundry and bedclothes
Wed. I do dusting, vacuuming, pickup in other words total house cleaning
Tues., Thurs., Fri work on quilts ufo etc
Sat. attend quilting classes
Sun church
So week if pretty filled up but things is in order and I feel so good to do my quilting in a clean home
Guess I am one of the ones that is out of the ordinary lol
Old 06-01-2011, 06:49 PM

I also have to have clean bathrooms and the kitchen. I do not work well with clutter so I pick up as I go. I have relaxed a little bit on the dusting and vacuuming. My hubby is 17 years older than I am so I have to do all of the yard work. We have 6600 sq.ft. of lawn . We do have a ride on mower so that makes it much eaiser. Somehow I manage to fit quilting into my day!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dina
Does anyone else do this? I desperately want to quilt, but I will not let myself until I clean house. All I lack are bathrooms...and this is my break...but I got to wondering if anyone else uses quilting as a reward...or maybe not quilting as a punishment....or maybe the whole thing is a bribe?

It's not like it has been so long since I cleaned (two weeks...)or since I quilted (yesterday)....but I must clean bathrooms before I quilt....darn.

(I considered the suggestion someone here made...to put Get Well Cards on the mantle so it would look like I had been too ill to clean, instead of spending all my time quilting. But I suppose my signature on the cards might look fishy...)

(I hope the fact that I don't clean house more than every two weeks doesn't shock anyone. I decided years ago that the world would not end if I didn't clean house ever week...)
Please, 81 year old me needs to catch your cleaning virus!
I do wash the dishes before I go to bed every night! but I am the most wonderful procrastinator! I don't have near relatives to help...
J