Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!! >

I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!!

I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!!

Old 06-01-2011, 08:03 AM

My husband gets suspicious if I start cleaning "too" thoroughly - - - - "who'coming???"

Since retiring, I need to revamp my schedule - at first it was "time to play" - - but I need to revamp and get a little more dedicated cleaning structure in place - for exercise as well!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
I like to feel my house is "in order" so I can quilt without quilt. A few of the things that helps is sewing room is on 2nd floor so I can close the door when it's messy looking, our bedroom is on our main floor so if the quilt is pulled up neatly the bedroom looks good (finally trained DH to to this), I give the downstairs bathroom a lick and a promise whenver I use it and having a big hamper in our clothes closet so I don't have tdirty laundy staring me in the face, all wet stuff goes into washing machine until wash day. Also several rooms have hard flooring surfaces, easier and quicker to clean up when needed and dirty dishes hide in the dishwasher until it's full. Finished my morning coffee while on the computer and while on the way to my sewing room will do a little check of the downstairs rooms and then I feel free to sew and quilt as long as I need to today.
We must be neighbors!!! My sewing room is on the second floor, master bedroom on the first floor - - one thing hubby did was cut a square in the floor of the bedroom closet (and made a cover) that allows us to throw our dirty laundry down into a hamper in the basement by the washing machine until wash day.

Marysewfun
Old 06-01-2011, 08:18 AM

I clean every to weeks also unless I get in the mood, I have a policy that as long as my bathrooms are clean and the sheets on the bed are clean My house is clean.If you don't move anything on the tables no one will know you didn't dust.
I am at an age where I finally do what I want when I want and If i want. Have a great day and go sew.
Pickle
Old 06-01-2011, 09:11 AM

i like to have my house clean before i start quilting , so that while im quilting i dont think about what housework i need to get done before hubby gots home !!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:49 AM

Oh yes, I'm like having a boss. Have to earn the right to play by doing a chore first. Not doing a very good job of it this morn. though since I can't get off here.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 AM

I do it that way and call it delayed gratification. That's the only way I get things done.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 AM

I live by the saying ---patchwork for ever , house when ever.Do`s for me .My house is NOT pristine neither is it filthy,some times a tad dusty but then what the heck , Should visitors be offended I will happliy give then a duster , would `nt mind at all .
Old 06-01-2011, 11:01 AM

I used to blame the mess on the kids - then they moved out. Then I tried to blame my husband - he worked out of town for 2 years. the house was still a mess. I'm running out of people to blame - it's me! My husband is a fantastic cleaner. Vaccuums EVERYTHING. Gets out the mini-shop vac - does baseboards and furniture - even moves the furniture. I didn't know it was supposed to move! But since I am retired and stay home (he still works) I feel guilty when the house is a wreck. Not guilty enough to do much about it, though.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:19 AM

I guess I am just spoiled rotten, I have a cleaning lady who comes once a week. Since it is just my husband and I we don't really make a big mess. She even cooks meals for the week for us and does the laundry. We are both retired and busy with our hobbies and volunteer a lot in our community. No time to clean!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:24 AM

I do it as a reward...when I have chores I do a chore "the bathroom" and sew for an hour. "The dishes" I sew for an hour....and so on. Otherwise nothing would get done I am the only one who does stuff around here so I try to get it all done early in the day and then I do this for a bit and then I sew!