Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Need to Vent!!!!!! >

I Need to Vent!!!!!!

I Need to Vent!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
Take your computer to a techie, he can run a dual system one with the current windows and another with your old windows version and load your old software on to that system. When the system come up it asks you which system to open with. I am operating with 3 systems because my Janome is so old I have to run Windows 98, my digitizing softWare is win2000 and my new software for my new Janome is windows 7. It all works fine now and only cost me $50.00 to have it set up that way.
Wow! I didn't know that could be done. My old computer ran Mac and PC, but I didn't know you could run different PC versions on the same computer. See, it pays to vent sometimes! Thank you so much! :thumbup:
Old 06-20-2011, 02:52 PM

go to the company who sold you the machine and Bitch!! or search ebay for a copy. or call a computer repair company and see if they can do it don't give up .
alot of times when someone says it can't be done it can! they just want you to spend more money.
good luck
Old 06-20-2011, 02:58 PM

OH I am so sorry...

This can happen to me too I have a older computer that is running XP, and have to try and keep it going.

The software for my Husqvarna #1+ will not load onto a new computer.
My son keep saying get a new computer as this one is so slow, I have tried putting more memorie in it and it helped some but not much. Just have to keep the old one going ...
Old 06-20-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyl
OK, I know there is no solution to this, but I just need to vent. When I purchased my embroidery machine ( in fairness, I will tell the brand) I also "bit the bullet" and purchased the software that would allow me to design my own embroidery. I didn't feel I could afford the upgrades (two since I purchased) so I continued using the old software which was fine for my purposes. Last month, my computer crashed and I had to replace it. My embroidery software would not work on my new computer, so I just called the company to see what the problem was. I was informed that the company was no longer supporting the old version and it would not work on my new computer operating system. When I asked about an upgrade, they said there was none, I would just have to purchase the new version, no cut in cost what so ever. The new version is WAY too expensive for me now. I feel like I am being punished because my computer crashed!!!! There, I feel better after venting. I guess. I still don't have any software for my embroidery machine. Bummer. Thanks for listening! :-(
All of my embroidery programs did not work with my new computer either!!!!!Thank goodness I still had my old one and set it up just for that...but it is slower than molassess....other people I know have the same problem with programs they have that aren't related to sewing. I feel the pain you are going thru...it really stinks!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:04 PM

Same thing happened to me, that is to say my computer crashed and the new one does not support the embroidery program I have.
So I was thinking that maybe I could get my hands on a cheap (but working) old computer to run just the soft ware of my emobroidery program. What do you think?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:15 PM

Sorry, that sucks!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

i'd take it all back and start over. get what you want and can use. good luck to you.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Carron
Same thing happened to me, that is to say my computer crashed and the new one does not support the embroidery program I have.
So I was thinking that maybe I could get my hands on a cheap (but working) old computer to run just the soft ware of my emobroidery program. What do you think?
That same thought crossed my mind also.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:27 PM

I have Bernina software and have upgraded at various times. I did go to a seminar last year put on by another machine dealer and they had Walter Floriani giving the presentation. Evidently his embroidery software gives you free upgrades. The software is still expensive but no more high dollar upgrades ever few years.

mltquilt
Old 06-20-2011, 03:43 PM

I have the Viking #1 and bought Origins with it. Over $2000!!! for the program. A few years later the company stopped making it, no updates available and there is no support for it. The just walked. There is an online group that I belong to that helps. The program only worked on Windows 98, so I bought a refurbished laptop with Windows 98 in case my desktop died. I do have the program on CD. I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 and it works on it. It does not work on the two previous Windows upgrades. You are all right. It's a big racket. I would take your computer in and I believe it can be retrieved, as suggested by others. Good luck.