Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think my quilts are cursed >

I think my quilts are cursed

I think my quilts are cursed

Old 01-23-2011, 11:12 AM

Take the guy with the Xbox to small claims court. They will make him pay or return it. If he returns it broken, take him back to small claims. He needs to learn to no do stuff like that to folks.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:02 PM

Taking him to small claims court won't get the X-Box back even if you get a judgement in your favor. All that gets is a judgement which he will never pay off. There is no criminal penalty involved. That may be your only recourse if the police won't do anything but all it will do is cost you more money and get a judgement that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. It will show up on his credit record but that's all.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou
Taking him to small claims court won't get the X-Box back even if you get a judgement in your favor. All that gets is a judgement which he will never pay off. There is no criminal penalty involved. That may be your only recourse if the police won't do anything but all it will do is cost you more money and get a judgement that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. It will show up on his credit record but that's all.
So I'm SOL if he refuses to give me my stuff back?
Old 01-23-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
I never really thought of raffling off a quilt. Actually I think I'm just going to rip out the label, finish the quilt, and give it to my brother. Might give the label to that jerk to say "There is a quilt to go with this, but you're no way deserving of this. You only get the label because it has your name on it".
Heh heh heh, I like it!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:51 PM

I'm so sorry to hear how people have treated you. I have met some jerks also but don't stop believing there are good people out there! You have a generous heart. It would be fulfilling for you to give quilts to a homeless shelter or children going through foster care. I think the 'Linus project' could use some blankets. I'm not sure how to contact them. Maybe you could google Linus blankets or something.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 PM

God brings people in our lives for a reason, if only for a season. just live and learn. You are appreciated by a great many, we just dont have the quilts. ((((HUGS)))))
Old 01-24-2011, 02:55 PM

Thank guys. Now I don't think my quilts have some sort of relationship breaking up curse on them anymore. :)

And in regards to the XBox, I told him that he has until Thursday to set up a time so I can pick up my things and if I don't have them before then I'm calling law enforcement. All he is getting from the quilt I made for him is the label. Only because it has the jerk's name on it. When I finish the Slipknot quilt its going to my brother, who has been watching me work on it from day one and likes Slipknot so I know he'll appreciate it.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:05 PM

Thank guys. Now I don't think my quilts have some sort of relationship breaking up curse on them anymore. :)

And in regards to the XBox, I told him that he has until Thursday to set up a time so I can pick up my things and if I don't have them before then I'm calling law enforcement. All he is getting from the quilt I made for him is the label. Only because it has the jerk's name on it. When I finish the Slipknot quilt its going to my brother, who has been watching me work on it from day one and likes Slipknot so I know he'll appreciate it.
I wouldn't even give him the label. Lets him know you were thinking about him. Personally, I would get more satisfaction out of burning it, but that's just me. Your mileage may vary.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Cyn

Originally Posted by MiniCC
Heal yourself and make yourself one :) or two - turn it around and show yourself the same love and admiration....you are worth it, right? You are not going to walk out on you.
Or i like the idea of charity as well for the kids who are doing chemo and such. :)
ditto
Old 01-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Cyn

Originally Posted by k9dancer

I wouldn't even give him the label. Lets him know you were thinking about him. Personally, I would get more satisfaction out of burning it, but that's just me. Your mileage may vary.
I agree. Burn it and get him/it out of your system.