Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think my quilts are cursed >

I think my quilts are cursed

I think my quilts are cursed

Old 01-24-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cyn
Originally Posted by k9dancer
Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Thank guys. Now I don't think my quilts have some sort of relationship breaking up curse on them anymore. :)

And in regards to the XBox, I told him that he has until Thursday to set up a time so I can pick up my things and if I don't have them before then I'm calling law enforcement. All he is getting from the quilt I made for him is the label. Only because it has the jerk's name on it. When I finish the Slipknot quilt its going to my brother, who has been watching me work on it from day one and likes Slipknot so I know he'll appreciate it.
I wouldn't even give him the label. Lets him know you were thinking about him. Personally, I would get more satisfaction out of burning it, but that's just me. Your mileage may vary.
I agree. Burn it and get him/it out of your system.
Well....normally that would be my first option and get fire involved. But it was made by someone on this board and it did cost me almost $20 to have it custom embroidered. I don't really want to burn it in that case.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:42 AM

Keep the label and throw darts at it. :)
Old 01-25-2011, 10:06 AM

On second thought, I may burn it. I'd really rather not because karenchi did a really nice job on it, but......arrgh.

After I told him I either get my stuff back or I'm calling the cops he goes accusing my brother of throwing dog crap on his baloncy window with some friends. He didn't actually see it...his neighbours did. I asked him "Then how do you know it was really him if you didn't see it and when did this supposedly happen?" There are other kids that hang out around those apartment buildings and cause trouble. His response was "They explained it to me just fine".

He just upgraded his status from jerk to #$@!%*(^. I'm sure you can fill in the blank and sorry if my bleeped language offends anyone. Zach wouldn't do anything like that. He can be a little punk sometimes, but he's not that cruel. And the kid gets grossed out by the thought of putting his hands in a fill sink of dirty dishes and gags everytime he goes near our aunt's barn when we come up to visit. You expect me to believe he'd actually pick up a pile of dog crap and fling it? And the neighbours really don't know Zach. Zach's kind of hurt. Before all this drama Zach thought he was a cool guy. I did, too. We both know he's a jerk, but that was real low.

Funny thing is Andrew once told me he got into this fancy school in Virginia just because his dad is some big shot business man and has a lot of money. He left that school and came back up here to go to school because he started looking down on the "poor" students who actually had to work to get through college and he realized he didn't want to be that kind of person. Well, he's become something worse than some little snobbish rich kid who looks down on others.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:41 PM

make quilts for the Linus Project. Check your local childrens hospital. They will surely be appreciated.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ljgraham
make quilts for the Linus Project. Check your local childrens hospital. They will surely be appreciated.
Defiantly going to quilt for some sort of charity. I've always wanted to, but never got the chance to. Think now's the perfect time to do so
Old 01-25-2011, 04:41 PM

I read this a long time ago and its helped me a lot in situations like yours, take it to heart and smile and keep making those quilts !!

“Reason, Season, Lifetime”
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Author unknown
Old 01-25-2011, 04:49 PM

Do you have any members of your birth family alive? In my old age and in dealing with a life changing illness that will never get better for me,(Kidney Failure) I have found that my birth family are more loyal than any of my friends, but it was hard to accept at first.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:53 PM

I also agree with thequilteddove.
that is a very nice and heart felt response!!!
mhuskins1
Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
On second thought, I may burn it. I'd really rather not because karenchi did a really nice job on it, but......arrgh.

After I told him I either get my stuff back or I'm calling the cops he goes accusing my brother of throwing dog crap on his baloncy window with some friends. He didn't actually see it...his neighbours did. I asked him "Then how do you know it was really him if you didn't see it and when did this supposedly happen?" There are other kids that hang out around those apartment buildings and cause trouble. His response was "They explained it to me just fine".

Look, even if the accusation about your brother were true, it is irrelevant to the jerk's actions. Ignore the irrelevant stuff.
And stop threatening him with the cops. I don't believe in threats. I believe in action. So do it or don't do it. Threats just give him time to get his story straight.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:03 AM

Well, you are obviously nice to make all these wonderful quilts for these people. My best advice to you would be - just pick better friends in the future. Keep in mind that when you surround yourself with good people, it will make you feel that much better. Better luck in the future and I also agree about quilting for charity making you feel really blessed. I make several quilts each year for our group and we send them to needy babies throughout our state.