Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think my quilts are cursed >

I think my quilts are cursed

I think my quilts are cursed

Old 01-22-2011, 10:36 PM

V, my advice (not that you asked for advice) is that you love yourself first. Do some things just for yourself, whether it is making a quilt, getting a pedicure, or taking a class that you have always wanted to take. It doesn't matter what, as long as you feel good about it. And make it a regular gig.

Let the losers and takers fend for themselves. Waste no time on 'what their problem' is. It's THEIR problem; you will be too busy enjoying the new quality in your life.

Never fear being alone. If you are comfortable in your own company, more people like that will be drawn to you. ( And frankly, being alone is far superior to being with people who suck the life out of you.)

You are worth receiving all of life's gifts. Accept the good; ignore those not worthy of you.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by k9dancer
V, my advice (not that you asked for advice) is that you love yourself first. Do some things just for yourself, whether it is making a quilt, getting a pedicure, or taking a class that you have always wanted to take. It doesn't matter what, as long as you feel good about it. And make it a regular gig.

Let the losers and takers fend for themselves. Waste no time on 'what their problem' is. It's THEIR problem; you will be too busy enjoying the new quality in your life.

Never fear being alone. If you are comfortable in your own company, more people like that will be drawn to you. ( And frankly, being alone is far superior to being with people who suck the life out of you.)

You are worth receiving all of life's gifts. Accept the good; ignore those not worthy of you.
Very well said!! And true. Especially the "suck the life out of you" people. And we all know who they are!! Drift away from them and learn how to take care of YOU!!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:25 AM

Maybe you are just picking out the wrong kind of friends. I would also wait a long time before deciding to make a quilt for someone. That way you can see if they are going to stick around.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:39 AM
DJ

I'm so sorry you have had these experiences. I haven't read all the posts so maybe this has been suggested. Could you finish the Slipknot quilt and sell it, making up the money for the Xbox? But don't stop tryingto get the money from the jerk. Sounds like theft. Do you feel like taking him to small claims court?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:08 AM

An additional thought:
Do you remember the Bazooka Joe comics that came in the bubble gum? They would have funny words of wisdom at the bottom. One said "if you give someone $20 and never see them again, consider it a good investment". You might already be at that point, but if you're not, consider looking at it that you really don't want those people in your life and now they're gone. And I agree with what others were saying to make some quilts for charity (or certain family members that you may want out of your life :twisted: :twisted: ) and trust that they're going to people who will appreciate them and appreciate you :D
Old 01-23-2011, 09:08 AM

You gotta kiss alot of frogs before you find a prince. You are just weeding out the frogs.. Just wait a long long time before you make a quilt for them. It will get better I promise, Been there done that.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess

Maybe I should stop making quilts for other people. Or maybe stop picking the wrong people to make quilts for.
I think this is what you should be doing. Just make some quilts for you. They may or may not find homes with someone else. :-)
Old 01-23-2011, 09:37 AM

Those people who suck the life out of your are what we call emotional vampires! Stay far,very far from them. They can suck much happiness from our every day life. Don't let them!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by JulieR
Originally Posted by thequilteddove
*gives you a hug* I have had many people in my life that I loved. Girls I had been friends with for 10yrs, men who proclaimed to love me until we died. Granted I wasn't quilting back then; but when the relationships ended I was devestated each and every time. Every last one of them I took personal - I felt betrayed, abandoned, used... I am WAY older now and my way of thinking has changed a lot. I was fortunate to learn at a relatively young age (arount 25-30) that it wasn't me, it's life. As we age we are constantly evolving. We grow, mature, whatever... the people we love may do it faster than we do or we may do it faster than they do. They/we are not always 'equipped' with how to deal with 'stuff' without hurting each other...

The love you put in to anything, be it a relationship or a quilt is NEVER for nothing. We just need to learn who deserves our love and when to cut our losses when we discover they are not worthy.

Keep making your quilts. Make them for soldiers, battered women, yourself, what ever. Continue to make them for people you love no matter how the relationships go. Your quilts are NOT cursed and neither are you. Know that in your heart and you will see how life gradually changes :)
I love this post.
So do I! I'd like to add one more comment for you - after a long, hard and abusive marriage for 31 years and the disappointments with some friendships and family members - I finally figured it out - the only change I could make was with myself - you cannot control or change anyone else. So, that is what I did - and I look at life differently now. And yes, there are still those "things" that happen, but just know that it is not you. Hunter's Grammy
Old 01-23-2011, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
I feel ya flying V, seems to be the story of my life, I have decided that I put WAY WAY too much into relationships. That being said,I have never made myself anything other than a hobo bag.I really do need to make myself a quilt.

As far as the X-box, I would be camping out on the door step and demand it to be returned.

The awesome slipknot quilt, if it is too painful to look at,perhaps donate it to a youth center or something like it . They could raffle it off and make some big bucks for a good cause. My brother said his motorcycycle club can easily make 1200 bucks with a handmade quilt raffle!

Or raffle it yourself and donate the money to a good cause!
Rae
I never really thought of raffling off a quilt. Actually I think I'm just going to rip out the label, finish the quilt, and give it to my brother. Might give the label to that jerk to say "There is a quilt to go with this, but you're no way deserving of this. You only get the label because it has your name on it".

Originally Posted by catmcclure
If you send him a certified letter (return receipt requested) and request that he return your Xbox immediately or send you the money, you can take a copy of that letter and the return receipt he signed to your local police department and file charges with them for "theft by conversion." A visit by the police, handcuffs, booking photos, etc., will get his attention (and hopefully your Xbox back). I had a former roommate move out and take some of my stuff when she left. Needless to say, I gave the police her work address to pick her up.
Send me the money? Screw that. I gave him enough chances to pay for it. And for $100 with two controllers and $60 worth of games...practically a steal (no pun intended). No. That SOB can buy his own Xbox somewhere else, which if he buys new will cost twice as much, not come with games, and come with only one controller.

Oh, I got an invoice from PayPal that lists all the Kittie shirts I bought, where I bought them from, when I bought them, and how much they cost. Maybe that will help. The XBox is one thing (I can always replace it). The materials for my quilt (some which are almost irreplaceable, rare, and cost me quite a bit) is another.