Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I want a cutting table!!! >

I want a cutting table!!!

I want a cutting table!!!

Old 02-15-2012, 10:28 AM

I had a JoAnn's cutting table with the drawers in the middle and the top which folds out on either side. I have to say it was so heavy that it was difficult assemble and to move around. The fold down sides were hard to handle also. If I were to do it again, I would get one of their craft tables, which looks like it would be much easier to deal with, and doesn't take up as much room.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:59 AM

My daughter-in-love found one fore me and the sides roll in so it takes up only about 12 inches by 36 inches but opens to a full 5 feet by 3 feet
Old 02-15-2012, 11:09 AM

Please get off your knees! You will identify the pain with quilting and you'll get turned off on quilting.

I use our kitchen island. The height is perfect and the size is more than adequate for even a huge mat. The light is great, too, cause of the drop lights over the island. An added bonus is that I have to clear it off to cut there (it does tend to accumulate stuff.) If you don't have an island, how about the counter? Most are 24" wide, so it's not perfect, but sure beats the floor.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

You don't have any flat surface in your house other then the floor? You must live in a tent.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz View Post
I have that cutting table and I love it!! It is a good height for most people, has two wings that can be up or down. I recommend it:-)
I also have that cutting table and I really like it as well. I use it all the time. I purchased it for 1/2 price and got it for $79.00.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:55 PM

I just put my rotary mat on the dining room table (over a protective white plastic mat). I have a 4'x8' plywood with smoothed edges that I put over that if I need more room (esp. for sandwiching). My DH made some blocks about 4" high to put under the dining room table legs if I need to cut much, as it is a little low for optimum back comfort as-is.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:00 PM

I have a JoAnn's cutting table and have had it for years...easy to move with the wheels on the legs and use it for free motion quilting because it sits up high. Also use for designing and layout. I use a bar stool to sit in. I am 64 if I had to get on my knees I would have to give up quilting. Good luck......It also folds up for storing.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:18 PM

I love antique and vintage things. My cutting table was found at a "flea market". It's an old Hoosier table with a metal top. I love it!
Old 02-15-2012, 02:25 PM

My counter top is ceramic tile (not good for trying to roll pie crust either! lol) and my dining table is real hard wood....afraid to scratch....guess I could find something to cover it with.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:33 PM

I have a wonderful cutting table... it is on wheels so can be moved, but these lock for stability... it can be raised to whatever height you wish ant it comes with a huge cutting mat. It is made by Horn, the people who make the cabinets for sewing machines and I just love it. I don't know if they can be bought in the USA (only thing I think I have found that us UK gals got first).

Hugs

Caroline.... PS. That is not me in the picture - LOL !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312306[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails hilo_full.jpg