Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you couldn't buy anymore------ >

If you couldn't buy anymore------

If you couldn't buy anymore------

Old 04-11-2010, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by b.zang
Originally Posted by isnthatodd
I think I'm good for the rest of my life on fabric and patterns. I might have to figure out a substitute for thread, however. Any ideas?
fabric is woven threads
this is too funny to me :lol:
I can just picture a bunch of quilters
going through all our fabric, deciding what we can live without then taking apart certain pieces just for the thread lol
I would be stuck, since we moved, im rebuilding my stash... this time without the ability to raid grandmas boxes lol
Old 04-11-2010, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Originally Posted by justme
:idea: I'd have someone else buy it for me... :lol:
haha - no no no - that would NOT be allowed! You are are pretty well "stashed up" I see and some of you are very creative regarding finding patterns. Would you be going back to using scissors cause your rotery cutter would be worn out? I would definitely be lost from not being able to buy the latest gadgets! but - when one comes down to it - do we really NEED them? 100 years ago they didn't even have ANYTHING that we have today and they made beautiful quilts that we still cherish!
The first quilt I made was cut out with scissors. I used cardboard templates too. If I had to do a quilt that way again, I wouldn't make another quilt. I was only 21 when I started that quilt and that much cutting was hard on my hand then. I didn't hand piece that quilt but I did hand quilt it.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:30 AM

Ummm, let's see. Is that doll quilts, twin/queen/king?
If I made only queen size, it woud be around 20-30 I guess.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

With what I have in the house right now, I would probably be done by the end of 2012. I think I have enough to make about 10 or 11 good sized quilts. If I were to make bed sized that would dwindle to about 5. :-(
Old 04-11-2010, 10:27 AM

I have enough for anout 3 kingsize quilts but thats include my fabric for making clothes. If we talk about just the quiltingfabrics than I guess I can make just 1 kingsize quilt.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Originally Posted by justme
:idea: I'd have someone else buy it for me... :lol:
haha - no no no - that would NOT be allowed! You are are pretty well "stashed up" I see and some of you are very creative regarding finding patterns. Would you be going back to using scissors cause your rotery cutter would be worn out? I would definitely be lost from not being able to buy the latest gadgets! but - when one comes down to it - do we really NEED them? 100 years ago they didn't even have ANYTHING that we have today and they made beautiful quilts that we still cherish!

I think i would find a way to sharpen my rotery blade. I would find a rock or something and do it caveman style what ever worked...cut everything with a scissors are you crazy...lol I would never get all that fabric used...lol.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:39 AM

I'm pretty stocked on all the notions, I'd be short piecing thread, but I'd really truly tank on batting. I have enough for maybe one 'tweener size (lap/twin). Fabric, well, I know I'll never get to use it all, especially at the speed I'm keeping. And even tho' I shouldn't, I keep my "fixes" on charms or FQ's.

(P.S. I don't think I'd like to live in that world you're suggesting. :P )
Old 04-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

I'm set for quite a while. No need to substitute. I hope I am allowed to buy thread though or I'd have to use staples.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:10 AM

I have yards and yards of fabric so I could probably make about 50 quilts - maybe more - most likely have enough thread also - the batting - well, enough for maybe 20... rotary cutter - I COULD use scissors if I had too...
Old 04-11-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
My one big piece of fabric is 2 yards I just bought for sashing on my farm exchage blocks. If I can only work with that, I guess I'll have to start cutting up the bed sheets!!
Oh you are sooo funny....no wait....that is a perfectly reasonable option! :thumbup: