Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you couldn't buy anymore------ >

If you couldn't buy anymore------

If you couldn't buy anymore------

Old 04-12-2010, 02:27 AM

I gust I could get along for acouple of years. Batting might be a problem. Would have to use my blankets for batting.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:00 AM

Just bought a roll of batting, so I guess I could make 13 or 14 quilts until that ran out, but the truth is... I would be able to make maybe 150 quilts from my stash. The last fifty or so would be a mish mash of color schemes but they wouldn't be scrappy... there's another 25 of those kind lurking in my room!
Old 04-12-2010, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
If you had to rely ONLY on your stash, and could NEVER buy anymore quilt related or sewing related treasures anymore, How many quilts could you make? Also, for notions or other supplies, how would you "substitute" household things for what you would normally buy? Like - you need a bigger sewing table - what would you use that you already have at home? New patterns - could you see a design in flooring, or a scene out the window, etc? You get the idea!
I'm pretty set with fabric! That would last a long time, I have a lot of thread, but OH NO what if it wasn't the right color!! I have scissor sharpeners, rotary blade sharpener, these would be all set, just got new rotary blades in. For a larger table, 4x8 plywood (wait this is what I use) made a great table that holds everything (can cut, sew, iron blocks & quilt). Batting would be a problem. Only a little of cotton left!! Lots of low loft polyester though (don't use that often). Still would not be enough. Blankets would work!! Maybe I'd make duvets instead or just maybe I should go out and stock up on cotton batting, just in case!! :lol: :lol: Have lots of books, colored pencils, reg. pencils, graph paper to play with, also just bought EQ6.

OK can someone explain to me why I keep spending money!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: Please don't let DH know!!!! He already thinks I have enough!!! :roll:
Old 04-12-2010, 04:04 AM

I would be fine for years and years also......and if I did run out of fabric there is always clothes to cut up, sheets, tableclothes and doona covers! LOLOL Should have got curtains too I guess! OLOLOL
Old 04-12-2010, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
OK can someone explain to me why I keep spending money!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: Please don't let DH know!!!! He already thinks I have enough!!! :roll:
We are doing our part to stimulate the economy! :wink:
Old 04-12-2010, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I'm a fairly new quilter and I have never bought anything without a specific purpose. I don't want to invest too much money in a hobby that I may get tired of.
Huh? Tired of quilting? Quilting is a hobby? These are very strange concepts. Must think about them. <tink><tink><tink> Nope, must reject. Sorry.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Banned

i'm in that spot now. not real fun. but i've enjoyed the quilts i did make
Old 04-12-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
Originally Posted by sewcrafty
We are doing our part to stimulate the economy! :wink:
There you go!!! I'll remember to tell him that!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 04-12-2010, 11:54 AM

I'm a fairly new quilter and I have never bought anything without a specific purpose. I don't want to invest too much money in a hobby that I may get tired of.
Don't worry, you will soon get the hang of it!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:22 PM

My "stash" consists of 2 clear shoebox size totes with scraps from the few quilts I've done. None are more than a fat quarter. My one big piece of fabric is 2 yards I just bought for sashing on my farm exchage blocks. If I can only work with that, I guess I'll have to start cutting up the bed sheets!!
and curtains, and hubby's shirts, and anything I might come across :lol: :lol: