Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you couldn't buy anymore------ >

If you couldn't buy anymore------

If you couldn't buy anymore------

Old 04-11-2010, 12:54 PM

We would be set for 3 or 4 years fabric-wise. We have plenty of patterns and can always find free ones on the internet. I just placed a big order with Connecting Threads, so we have thread that we could use for piecing and quilting. I think we'd be short on batting. If I could figure out a way to weave cat hair into batting I'd be set for life! Hey! Why is this quilt wiggling in the middle?!

Darren
Old 04-11-2010, 01:18 PM

I'd find a way to keep going. I only have enough fabric for maybe two king-sized quilts, but I'd start getting creative. Curtains, clothes, shower curtains, sheets, upholstery,... who REALLY needs those anyway?! :)
Old 04-11-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by wesing
We would be set for 3 or 4 years fabric-wise. We have plenty of patterns and can always find free ones on the internet. I just placed a big order with Connecting Threads, so we have thread that we could use for piecing and quilting. I think we'd be short on batting. If I could figure out a way to weave cat hair into batting I'd be set for life! Hey! Why is this quilt wiggling in the middle?!

Darren
:lol:
Old 04-11-2010, 01:37 PM

Well since I have never went and bought new fabric at a store
since quilting I would keep using used clothing and used blankets and sheets for backing , my only problem would be thread I have bought some and had some given to me by my daughter's mother in-law, maybe I'd try useing fishing line if i run out of thread..lol..it would work even if you had to hand stich it in right.. ;) My stash isn't every large as large goes, but with the fabric I do have I could put together more then a few quilts I think. :lol:
Old 04-11-2010, 02:46 PM

Oooh Pickles fishing line is a great idea.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:13 PM

Tossing fabric? My mom died leaving me her whole sewing room! I have triple the fabric now! I hope to use up everything! Hopefully I have at least 30 something yrs to go!!!! Have enough scissors to last forever!
Originally Posted by lindy
Hold on while I regain my balance and digest the 'can't buy any more fabric' idea! My kids will be (gulp) tossing fabric when I die, unless I live another 60 years and really don't buy any more.
:XD:
Old 04-11-2010, 05:20 PM

I have no idea how long I could go or how many quilts I could make. I don't have any large pieces of fabric, mostly fat quarters, but lot's of them. I usually have to buy a background fabric, or sashing, and always backing, even if I don't buy new "main" fabrics. I also don't have any batting, except a couple of small pieces. I never have bought alot of patterns or notions, I can usually make do, and I like to create my own patterns. I have 5 rotary blades, and that is the most I have ever had at one time.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:53 PM

I could make enough quilts to last my lifetime and a few others, plenty of patterns, thread, batting, and still I feel the need to go shopping. What's wrong with that? I went shopping in my closet while my DD was here from IN. to visit and a small tote fell down and hit me in the forehead and now I have a black eye,lol! My DH says it's time to start using up my stash, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him unless I die before he does and he has to clean out my sewing room!!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:52 AM

Uhoh! Ice your eye dka!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:23 AM

Well, although they might have some very "interesting" color combinations towards the end, I could probably make... 50? Okay, maybe 75. But no more, as I would have to be carefully unravelling for thread to use, lol.