Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: I'm thinking about de-stashing totally

Why not make a quilt of the fabrics you have in your stash? No cheating - you can't go to the Fabric Shop to buy more. Use up what you have. :-)

I am trying to use up my stash which will take me another lifetime and just purchasing what I need to complete a quilt. Of course if something really speaks to me I will purchase it. Long ago I gave away tons of fabrics that I knew I'd probably never use to others who would have the joy of working with it.

Blog Entries
    i go through mine now and then and get rid of fabric i just don't think i will ever use. but I keep seeing all these scrap quilts that are so beautiful. I may have to become a hoarder

I do seem to buy at least some fabric for every project, but I do shop stash first. Some of my best quilts have been from using of bits and pieces and making do with whatever was in stash. So I think I'll hang onto mine for a while. :-))

Some of my stash is a memory book of trips and gaity I discovered along the way. They may or may not make it to quilts -YET-But I will enjoy them while I can. Caution though, the colors that are in now may not be in , in 5 or ten years. Remember the dusty colors of the 90's.

I ahve already handed down all fabrics from the 1970's... what more do you want???? LOL

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10