Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It's Saturday - What are you sewing today? >

It's Saturday - What are you sewing today?

It's Saturday - What are you sewing today?

Old 08-21-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ginaky
I wish I was sewing! I'm waiting for out of town family to arrive for visitation at the funeral home tonight for my mother-in-law. She passed away on Thursday. So our normal routine is "out of whack" for the next few days.
I am sorry for your loss.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:27 AM

I spent the entire day working on last year's unfinished Christmas UFO's now I only have the binging to sew by hand on three wall hanging's.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:34 AM

I'm hand quilting my first quilt and have discovered it is the most relaxing project I have ever done. It is to be a gift to my youngest daughter.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:36 AM

I'm working on a felt advent calendar for my 4 grandkids. They are at the perfect age to be aware of "counting down"the days as well as a treat for each day. Lot of precise cutting and I'm having fun but admit I will be glad when it's done.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:55 AM
Bev

Yesterday (Saturday) I never got a chance to sew, but today I will be working on a tipsy Log Cabin that I've been learning in a two part workshop. I'm enjoying this one, but usually Log Cabins give me a headache because they are SO repetitive. Just one little stick after another throughout the whole quilt. This one, because of the tipsy part, is a little more fun.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:59 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by totosmom
Well, it's Sunday now, but yesterday I was working on a wool applique table runner for my SIL. It's been a challenge with a few new-to-me techniques, but it is coming along nicely. Thanks to advice on this board, I spray basted it (easy peasy!) and then FMQed the background and border. Oh, yeah, I tried to make a label for the back, but my persnickety printer refuses to print it. No worries, I will do it by hand. Earlier this week it looked like this.
Love what you use to add height to your cutting table!!

:lol:
Old 08-21-2011, 06:22 AM

Well it isn't Saturday anymore but yesterday I had a great day visiting two quilt shops that I have never been to. It was awesome!

Today I am going to work on a quilt top for my 7 year old grandson's birthday. I'm kind of cheating. He loves animals especially jungle animals and I found a panel with a lion, tiger, elephant and zebra that I know he will go crazy over. I am putting two panels together and adding a wide border.

Last week I took a class on free motion quilting so after a bit more (or maybe a lot more) practice I'll give it a try on a real quilt.

Wish me luck!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:40 AM

LOL...I'm working on my first Bow Tuck Purse. I'm completely out of my element! I'm using the tutorial found here, but I've struggled since the first stitch. I'm so glad I just got a new seam ripper. I accidently ripped a hole in my lining piece, realized I didn't have enough for a replacement, so I used a close substitute. My lining will be of two fabrics.

So far, I'm happy with what I've done. Hopefully, I will have it done today. I want to make several purses for Christmas presents, so this is a good learning experince.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:45 AM

I didn't sew a thing yesterday, but I did rip my sewing loft apart, put up some new shelves and started to put it back together. Hope to finish it today.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:49 AM

No quilting for me. I fixed a hem on some pants, sewed some buttons, made ANOTHER welding cap and tacked a shirt that kept sinking a little low and offering everyone a free show! LOL