Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Horizon >

Janome Horizon

Janome Horizon

Old 02-21-2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Originally Posted by grandma sue
How do you get to the Janome Horizon Yahoo group? I bought mine in august and love it. However, my dealer is in another city (the one here is terrible) and 2 of my friends and I went for classes. They knew nothing. We knew more than they did. Wish I knew where to get some good classes. Like how to do memory, etc.
Go to www.yahoo.com and sign up to get an email address with Yahoo. You then become a Yahoo member and are able to sign up for their groups. I belong to the ones for my sewing machines and they are very helpful.

I saw the Horizon at the Vermont Quilt Festival last year. They were taking trade-ins and selling them for $2400. One of my friends bought one and absolutely loves it.

I was a die-hard Janome fan until I got to use a Bernina one day. There is a huge difference in doing FMQ on my old Memory Craft 9000 compared to my used (and also old) Bernina 180. The Bernina is exceptional at FMQ.

I would like to hear from the people who have the Horizon how they like it for FMQ? I get "whiskers" on the backside on my old Janome and I'm hoping they have updated the machine so that doesn't happen with newer machines anymore.
Leah day doesn't seem to have any problems with FMQ on her Horizon.
http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/
Old 02-22-2011, 06:30 AM

Leah Day is totally AMAZING !! She is a master of FMQ - if you haven't seen her work, you need to :)
Old 02-22-2011, 06:42 AM

The FMQ is what I love most about the Horizon. I'm still getting used to piecing on it and waiting for my O2 foot, but I found a work around that problem anyhow. The more I use it, the more I love it. I can't believe I spent that much money on a sewing maching, but I'm more glad I did every day. I still have my Baby Lock and an older Kenmore that was made my Janome (a true workhorse! which also influenced my decision) and also my featherweight, so each machine has favorite things to do on it.