Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome Horizon >
  • Janome Horizon

• Janome Horizon

Old 02-16-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by TexasGurl
    Originally Posted by Ginaky
    I have been given a price of $1999 from my dealer--just trying to decide if I want (read NEED) it! I have a 20 year old Pfaff 1473 I love and 2 Brother Embroidery/Sewing machines, but this one has really caught my attention.
    $1999, I'd sure go for it ! Best price I've gotten in my area (Houston) is $2599 :roll:
    I bought mine in November and paid full price $2999.00 with nothing else thrown in....I live north of Houston. I wish I would have tried to "bargain", but the LQS owner told me right off the bat that "Janome wouldn't let them sell it for less". I realize now that probably wasn't the case, but it's too late to do anything about it. I quilted two quilts with it and was amazed at how it trugged over the heavy batting without a quiver. I still work and we keep busy with grandkids, so I haven't had time to really play with it. Someday....
    Old 02-16-2011, 06:21 PM

Sounds like most everyone is pleased with their Horizons. I seriously looked at it and the Bernina 820 last month. The Janome dealer near me wasn't at all helpful and wouldn't do anything less than the $2,999 sticker price. I ended up going with the 820 but I'm sure the Horizon is a great machine (a big part of my decision ended up being based on the dealers of both machines). I wish I had a friend nearby that had one so I could check it out and play on it for awhile. :)
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:35 PM

How do you get to the Janome Horizon Yahoo group? I bought mine in august and love it. However, my dealer is in another city (the one here is terrible) and 2 of my friends and I went for classes. They knew nothing. We knew more than they did. Wish I knew where to get some good classes. Like how to do memory, etc.
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:52 PM

I am new at quilting and got a small janome and I am wearing it at I found a 1969 kenmore sears sewing machine for &25
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:54 PM

I am new at quilting and got a small janome and I am wearing it at I found a 1969 kenmore sears sewing machine for &25
    At good will ran good took it to have it serviced. Do u think this machine is a good one r not?
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:55 PM

Sorry my finger hit the wrong letter. Ha
    Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by IT_Nana
    Originally Posted by TexasGurl
    Originally Posted by Ginaky
    I have been given a price of $1999 from my dealer--just trying to decide if I want (read NEED) it! I have a 20 year old Pfaff 1473 I love and 2 Brother Embroidery/Sewing machines, but this one has really caught my attention.
    $1999, I'd sure go for it ! Best price I've gotten in my area (Houston) is $2599 :roll:
    I bought mine in November and paid full price $2999.00 with nothing else thrown in....I live north of Houston. I wish I would have tried to "bargain", but the LQS owner told me right off the bat that "Janome wouldn't let them sell it for less". I realize now that probably wasn't the case, but it's too late to do anything about it. I quilted two quilts with it and was amazed at how it trugged over the heavy batting without a quiver. I still work and we keep busy with grandkids, so I haven't had time to really play with it. Someday....
    Glad you're enjoying your machine ... and your grandkids too ! :)
    Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 AM

I've had my 7700 since last June. I do like it. Just got a new plate in the mail from Janome today. My dealer had replaced mine months ago. I put this one away just in case. The tiny APC sliding piece broke off the first one. I understand the new one has a stronger spring. The O2 foot is much better than the old one. The company has a 25 year warranty on this machine so they should stand behind it. I paid $2995 for mine. You will enjoy it. It does not however correct operator errors which is my problem. If you turn your fabric the wrong way even with a nice seam it is still wrong. Hence, I love my ripper.
    Old 02-21-2011, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by grandma sue
    How do you get to the Janome Horizon Yahoo group? I bought mine in august and love it. However, my dealer is in another city (the one here is terrible) and 2 of my friends and I went for classes. They knew nothing. We knew more than they did. Wish I knew where to get some good classes. Like how to do memory, etc.
    Go to www.yahoo.com and sign up to get an email address with Yahoo. You then become a Yahoo member and are able to sign up for their groups. I belong to the ones for my sewing machines and they are very helpful.

I saw the Horizon at the Vermont Quilt Festival last year. They were taking trade-ins and selling them for $2400. One of my friends bought one and absolutely loves it.

I was a die-hard Janome fan until I got to use a Bernina one day. There is a huge difference in doing FMQ on my old Memory Craft 9000 compared to my used (and also old) Bernina 180. The Bernina is exceptional at FMQ.

I would like to hear from the people who have the Horizon how they like it for FMQ? I get "whiskers" on the backside on my old Janome and I'm hoping they have updated the machine so that doesn't happen with newer machines anymore.
    Old 02-21-2011, 08:37 PM

Congrats....I've had a Janome for 4 yrs now and absolutely LOVE it. You made a good choice! :)