Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Horizon >

Janome Horizon

Janome Horizon

Old 02-16-2011, 05:37 AM

My dealer (Threads of Time in Danville IL) has free lessons for LIFE on any machine you purchase there! Besides making great machines, Janome has taken customer service to the limit. Our dealer/owner has been to Janome University twice to learn how to repair and use all models. HE (yes HE) does the demos at the shop and all the ladies love to see this ex-contractor's big hands using the fine buttons/dials on the machines. I love my Horizon and QDC 3160 and can't see that I'll ever need another machine.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:09 AM

The O2 foot works sooooooooooo much better. I was ready to give mine back before that.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:21 AM

I also had problems with the O foot at first, but more I used it the better it worked. Did get the new O2 foot and it works fine too. Just ordered & received the Accufeed 1/4" and stitch in ditch foot. Eager to try them both. I don't know how I ever lived without the knee lift and thread cutter. I paid $2499 for mine and ordered it off line, it is an 01 serial # model (early) and haven't had a lick of trouble. It is The last machine I will ever need. If you can get one for under $2000 by all means snatch it up if you really want one.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:36 AM

Thanks for all the replies on this thread! I tried the A foot with the 5.5 setting and it's perfect...no more hesitation. Still want to see what the O2 foot does when it gets here.

I've read mixed reviews on the Accufeed 1/4" foot - does the job, but apparently there is some difficulty with it being visually obstructive - please post when you use your AccuFeed feet and let us know how it goes. :)

My dealer also offers lifetime lessons on any machine you buy there. Even said they'd teach me how to use the binding tool and anything else associated with the machine. He also happens to be a man, very knowledgable and expertly does machine embroidery too. It's been a learning curve over the days I've had it, it's my first computerized machine. I am getting more comfortable at it and loving it more and more.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 AM

I had decided to buy a new machine last summer and looked at the 6600. Then I learned about the Horizon. Haven't bought it yet, but got my hubby on board and on Monday did a test run at the shop. They offered me a $400 trade in value on my mom's ancient (35 yr old) Singer that has been sitting in a box for over 15 yrs, bringing the cost down to around $2000. I am buying the machine next week. :) Love the idea of using a notebook during the classes, our dealer also offers lifetime free owners classes. I know I will be using those as the machine I have been using is a bottom of the line singer that basically can only sew a straight line.
This new machine will open up a whole new world for me, I am so excited!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:21 AM

Oh. My dream machine. I guess i will just have to stick with my Janome Memory Craft 3000. I traded in my White on it after having it repaired for the 9th time and it was a great machine and still is I just want more. Oh me. Youy know what people say about that.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:23 AM

How do I find the Yahoo group dedicated to this machine? I've had mine since Dec and still learning to use the bells and whistles.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:33 AM

On the replacement 1/4 foot you will see a small divit on the bottom instead of a smooth bottom. They needed to make that alteration because of the special feed dogs. The fabric wasn't feeding properly on the original 1/4 foot when the machine first came out in May.

I got mine in June and they realized this sometime during the summer and it was replaced by them by October.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
On the replacement 1/4 foot you will see a small divit on the bottom instead of a smooth bottom. They needed to make that alteration because of the special feed dogs. The fabric wasn't feeding properly on the original 1/4 foot when the machine first came out in May.

I got mine in June and they realized this sometime during the summer and it was replaced by them by October.
And did it resolve the issue? Love to hear from people with "hands on experience." Thanks.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Banned

I'm glad you love yours. I kept mine for only a week before exchanging it for a Babylock. Even with the new foot it would not sew bulky seams. I was so disappointed, because I really am (was?) a huge Janome fan. But I adore my Babylock!