Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome Horizon >
  • Janome Horizon

• Janome Horizon

Old 02-16-2011, 09:57 AM

I got my new foot yesterday (the day after I requested a new foot because the old one didn't measure a 1/4 inch for me). I used the new one last night to sew over flying geese points and it did a much better job. I got my machine for Christmas and love it so far.
    Old 02-16-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tolelady53
    Originally Posted by Mattee
    May I ask about how much the Horizon runs? I don't know if it's worth a trip to my not-so local dealer.
    We live near, and go shopping in Fort Worth, Texas, so we have access to dealers who have a large customer base. I have dealt with the dealer I bought my Horizon from for quite a while and have purchased a couple of machines from them so know them to be reputable and back their products.

We have something in Fort Worth every January called The Stock Show...sort of like a fair crossed with a rodeo...and the shop had a "Stock Show Sale" going on. Well, I took my "used car trading hubby" and he got me a great deal....$2,000! The original price was $2,999. Needless to say, I was delighted. I understand that is not a "standard" price and some people have gotten their Horizon for less, but I'm very tickled...especially the longer I use it.

I had planned on buying the Janome 6600 but they showed me the Horizon before I made a commitment, and I was so glad they did. So in actuality I spent about $600-$800 more than I had planned to...but I am sooooo happy I did...now I don't have to upgrade.

Also found out...via this board...that Leah Day at Free Motion Quilting uses a Horizon...woohoo! I'm in great Company ;o) !
    WOW ... you got a great deal !! Can I borrow your DH ?? I was trying to deal on the Horizon at the Houston Quilt Festival here last Nov. but they weren't in a dealing mood then. They were making plenty of sales at $2,999 (no trade-ins either) but the pkg included the rolling tote and a small Janome mech. machine (not a Jem) They said they could not break the pkg (although I heard later that some did buy just the Horizon ... go figure ? seems to depend on the Mgr. and if it's the last day of the show)
    Old 02-16-2011, 01:01 PM

Congrats on your new baby - I know you will have fun finding out how all the whistles and bells on it work
    Old 02-16-2011, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tolelady53
    I just wanted to say that I am so impressed with this machine AND with Janome Customer Service. I bought my Horizon Jan. 26 and waited a few days to start using it. I joined the Yahoo User Group and discovered there was a problem with the 1/4" foot. Janome knew of the problem and was making every effort to rectify it.

I registered my machine Feb. 4, and yesterday (Feb. 14) my new 1/4" foot arrived in the mail with an accompanying letter explaining the nature of the problem and how Janome engineers had worked to overcome it. I AM VERY IMPRESSED!

I have every intention of making this the first machine in "my history" that I will learn ALL of its capabilities. I am going to start a notebook and when I stitch out a new stitch I will add a sample along with my comments! The Yahoo Group is terrific and a wealth of information! I am also planning very soon to call my shop owner/dealer (which they encouraged me to do) and book an appointment to go through a "learning" seminar for the Horizon. WooHoo!
    Was the problem ONLY with the Horizon, I have a 9500????
    Old 02-16-2011, 02:06 PM

As far as I know the problem was only with the Horizon. That's all that has evern been mentioned.
    Old 02-16-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by IowaStitcher
    How do I find the Yahoo group dedicated to this machine? I've had mine since Dec and still learning to use the bells and whistles.
    go to yahoo groups and type in Janome Horizon 7700
    tried to put in link but wouldn't take it.
    Old 02-16-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ginaky
    I have been given a price of $1999 from my dealer--just trying to decide if I want (read NEED) it! I have a 20 year old Pfaff 1473 I love and 2 Brother Embroidery/Sewing machines, but this one has really caught my attention.
    $1999, I'd sure go for it ! Best price I've gotten in my area (Houston) is $2599 :roll:
    Old 02-16-2011, 03:10 PM

That is great! Someone told me when I was looking for a machine that "you are buying a dealer with the machine." Sounds reasonable to me...
    Old 02-16-2011, 05:33 PM

It's possible that the 1/4" foot you have is the new one. Check to see if it's name is is O2. If so, that's the new foot. If it just has an O on it, it's the old one that you'll need to replace. Janome will send it to you free if you register your machine.

The problem was that everytime you stitched over a seam when putting your blocks together, the old foot kicked the fabric completely out from under it.
    Old 02-16-2011, 06:06 PM

I love my Horizon, I just got my new 1/4" foot. But I have already bought the one that uses the walking foot. I am addicted to my walking foot. I got mine for $2000.00 also, it was a special for the Houston Quilt show and he gave it to me pre show. I bought my old Janome 8000 from him over 20 years ago. Great service.