Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Just finished my first quilt top!!!

Yay for your first quilt. Definitely need to take pictures of it. The quilt is great. Can't beleive its your first. As Amma said ((( HUGS)))

You did a fantastic job!!! Hugs to you. I'm sure he was right over your shoulder the whole time you were making it.

Banned
    It's a beautiful quilt. I am sorry for your loss.

Jenni M, So sorry for your loss but I'm sure your son is smiling in Heaven. Hope this quilt helped you through some of the pain

I love your quilt. I am sorry about about your son. And as to perfection, I just attended a quilt guild meeting and the speaker was showing Amish quilts and talked about how they Amish ladies frequently purposefully put in an imperfect since only God is perfect. So having it imperfect makes it just right! Diana

So sorry to hear about your son. Great quilt !!!!! :thumbup:

It's beautiful! I love the colors and the pattern reminds me of some of my Mother's quilts. She passed away in 2007 at the age of 89. Her beautiful hand-quilted works of art grace the beds of many loved ones. I'm so sorry about your son. I know he's proud of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni M
    As promised earlier today, here is the photo of my first quilt top. Thank you all for the kind words about my son Joshua. He passed away from diabetes at the age of 26 August 18th last year.
    That is so beautiful. So sorry about Joshua. He was so young. I'm sure he would love that quilt.

My husband has diabetes. He's had it for about 5 years now. His showed up when he was 55. He has never been over weight and is so active, yet he still got it. He's a runner and cyclist. It is so scary.

Wow if this was the first you started with a very advanced pattern. No quilt is perfect. They are made by imperfect people so how can they be perfect.
    Keeping busy is the only way to get passed the awful pain. It works for mental and Physical pain. I have used it for helping me with cronic pain and it works. The pain does not go away but our mind is focused on something else and the pain recedes. I hope I making sense as I know I tend to ramble

Jenni, I'm so sorry about your son. My heart goes out to you. But you're absolutely right. The Lord does bless us in many ways. Your quilt is beautiful!

Your quilt is beautiful!
    Your son would be proud!!

very nice!

Blog Entries
    Wow! You did a great job.

Blog Entries
    I am so excited! I just finished my first quilt top. It is in the Window Wreath Pattern. I'll try to post a photo later today. One of my corners was just a little off, but I was proud of myself for a first try. Very emotional too, I lost my son last year and felt I needed something in my life to get me through the winter. His name was Joshua and he was only 26 years old. The quilt top is spread out on his bed right now. I think he'd smile! The Lord blesses us in many ways doesn't he?
    Yes, He does. So sorry to hear about your son.

Wow! Your quilt is beautiful. As I quilt I think about the person that I am making it for and times we have spent together. I believe that energy and love we share enters the quilt. So, the next time you are lonely and miss your son, wrap the quilt around you and feel the hug he is giving you. And don't worry, the love does not wash out or wear with age. Your stiches hold it in.

Congratulations! I am sure Joshua is smiling down. A great tribute for him, being on his bed.

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my 21 year old daughter 4 years ago, so I do know what you are going through.
    Quilting is a good release and I am sure that your son is smiling at his mother's creativity.
    I wish I could tell you the pain gets better, I can't. I have just found ways to live with it.
    Keep quilting, I know your son would be proud of you.

Great job!! Joshua would be proud!

Very pretty first quilt! Sorry about the loss of your son.
    Thank you for sharing this with us~

OH, Jennie, that is so pretty. I know your son would be proud of you. So glad you found quilting. There is a sort of therapy in making quilts either for yourself or for special people in your life.Each one has a story and comes from being inspired & motivated to create out of that inspiration. It
    It's a heart thing for most quilters I find. I know it is for me. Hugs from Texas.

Very nice quilt. keep going I know they say time heals but it seems like I miss my best friend and husband more every day I know I will get over it and so will you keep finding things like quilts to do and time goes by.

I am so excited! I just finished my first quilt top. It is in the Window Wreath Pattern. I'll try to post a photo later today. One of my corners was just a little off, but I was proud of myself for a first try. Very emotional too, I lost my son last year and felt I needed something in my life to get me through the winter. His name was Joshua and he was only 26 years old. The quilt top is spread out on his bed right now. I think he'd smile! The Lord blesses us in many ways doesn't he?
    Indeed He does!!! Hang in there and keep quilting. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Blessings,
    Carol

Blog Entries
    As promised earlier today, here is the photo of my first quilt top. Thank you all for the kind words about my son Joshua. He passed away from diabetes at the age of 26 August 18th last year.
    Jenni that is beautiful. You did a great job. I am so sorry to hear about your tremendous loss. We lost a son who only lived a few hours, he was our first, but the loss will never be forgotten. The pain has eased over the years, but the date of his passing is still a strong reminder. However, God gave us two healthy children who are both in their 30's now. GOD is so good to us in every way, He always makes ways for us to cope and it looks like quilting is God's way for you. I know both God and your son are smiling and discussing your lovely quilt and both were with you during your quilting time. Stay strong and remember you have a board full of quilting friends, if you need any or all of us to help you get through your pain. Please feel free to pm me if you just need a shoulder or an ear. May God Bless you in all of your future endeavors. Gerbie

I am so sorry your son had to leave you at such a young age but your quilt is a wonderful tribute and Joshua is surely smiling down on you.

I haven't been quilting long and I would be very proud to make a quilt as beautiful!

So sorry for your loss,,,The Quilt is awesome,and what a great job you did,,,Georgia

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast