Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Just finished my first quilt top!!!

congrats its very pretty

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    I am so very sorry for your loss. It has to be the hardest thing in the world to go through. I'm glad you have found comfort in quilting and congratulations on your first quilt! Hugs

Jenni, my deepest sympathy for the loss of your son. The quilt top is beautiful.

Beautiful quilt, I am sure that Joshua is really proud of you.

Blog Entries
    First quilt top! Goodness it's beautiful and it looks like a professional did it, you don't hVE anything to worry about it not being perfect. From where I sit it's absolutely gorgeous . I know your son is looking at it and saying, "Great job Mom!"

Blog Entries
    LOOKING AT YOUR QUILT IS LIKE LOOKING AT YOUR HEART. It shows a beautiful soul. So sorry about the lost of your son. I have a son who is a very bad diabetic. He's suffering now with his toe, and is frightened that he's going to lose it. I can understand a small portion of your pain that you must have went through with your son's suffering. May God be with you always. Hugs,love and prayers to you and your family.

Your quilt is a beautiful tribute to Joshua. I love your choice of fabrics.

I, too, know how quilting has helped in the loss of my daughter and granddaughter. So comforting! I pray for strength for you! Joshua IS proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni M
    As promised earlier today, here is the photo of my first quilt top. Thank you all for the kind words about my son Joshua. He passed away from diabetes at the age of 26 August 18th last year.
    Jenni, what a beautiful quilt! Yes, Joshua is definitely smiling!

My condolences on the loss of your son. Those of us who have lost children can take strength in knowing our Heavenly Father knows our grief...His Son died, too.

I am very sorry about your son. I am sure he is smiling right now.

Beautiful quilt and a beautiful tribute to your son. So sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni M
    As promised earlier today, here is the photo of my first quilt top. Thank you all for the kind words about my son Joshua. He passed away from diabetes at the age of 26 August 18th last year.
    Beautiful quilt top. Thanks for sharing. It's amazing how many quilters have heartaches and quilting eases that pain and lets our spirits soar again. I'm sure Joshua had a grin from ear to ear!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am so sorry for your loss, Congratulations on your first top, I can't wait to see it. God bless.

How fabulous is that. Sorry to hear about Joshua. Hugs.

MNM

Great quilt, like the pattern. MNM

I am sure your son would be proud of you and your first attempt at quilt making. Welcome to our special club. :thumbup:

What a beautiful quilt! Those are the colors I did my basement in. I am so sorry about the loss of your son. My oldest daughter is a juvenile diabetic also so I understand the stresses and strugles that go with the disease. I am so glad quilting has helped you deal with your loss. I truely believe he was right with you while you were making your quilt and is so proud of your acomplishment. What a nice tribute to him! I am not sure how you feel about this but my youngest daughters best friend passed away a little over a year ago, at the age of nineteen, and we are making a quilt out of some of her clothing for her mother so she has something that belonged to her daughter to wrap up in, that will last a long time. If the idea appeals to you it might be an idea for a second quilt.:)

Your quilt top is gorgeous...love the design and your fabric choices.

I am sorry for your loss....and wish you love, light and peace from the land of Aus.

Congratulations on finishing your beautiful quilt!! This quilt, made in your son's memory, is a wonderful tribute to him & to the love you have for him. Love never dies. God was with you while you were going through the process of putting this quilt together & He was there with you when you finished it. Quilting is a form of therapy for many of us. I'm so glad you finished your quilt & I hope your next quilt will be to celebrate a happier time. So sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    I think I see some thimbleberries fabric in your quilt...That is my favorite fabric line...

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    May you find some comfort with quilting..I am so sorry for your loss..I have never lost a child, but have lost a daughter in law ..I made her wedding dress and it still hangs in my closet...
    When I am having a bad day, I stay in my sewing room and create....Creativity is good for the soul....
    Keep on quilting...your quilt is beautiful...Are you going to quilt it or take it to a long arm quilter to have it machine done...I don't do anything larger than a throw size...It is just too big to handle...
    Look forward to trading some goodies....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4