Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Just finished my first quilt top!!!

Joshua will always be looking through that window. You did a beautiful job. Joshua would be proud.

Blog Entries
    Jenni, you're an amazing woman. What a gorgeous quilt!! I've never lost a child, and can only imagine the pain you've felt. I'm so grateful that you have God to comfort you and help you through such a tough time. You're in my prayers. I hope that you will have many happy occasions to celebrate with your quilting.

your quilt is beautiful! it's not supposed to be perfect but you should be very proud i am so sorry for your loss, i can't begin to feel your pain but i do know that GOD will help you through. may GOD bless you

Jenni I am so sorry for your loss. you will find a lot of rewards in quilting and I am sure your son is looking down on you and is very proud of his mom. stay strong this board can be very helpful in all things not just quilting.

Good JOB ! Beautiful ! Keep up the good work.....& Know I'll say a prayer for you ! & God bless your Son !

Sorry about the lost of your son. But God knows what we need and when we need it. I can't wait to see the quilt top. May God comfort you in your son's memories. Rosalia

It is lovely!

What a beautiful tribute to you son.

Oh, how beautiful! Quilting gives us the inner peace and the joy from creating something. I am sorry for your loss.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt!!!

Wow ...this is your 1st quilt top? I can't wait to see pics of the 10th one...Your son is strutting around heaven saying "There is my mom the Quilter!!" ....thoughts and prayers for you and yours

Blog Entries
    That was beautiful

this quilt is beautiful and so is the story, my first impression looking at it is "comfort", I wish that for you always

Power Poster
    Sorry to hear about your son but i do believe that he is watching over you and loves the quilt. So you finished one and you will be on to another. Send pictures ASAP

Power Poster
    This is truely a beautiful quilt. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose a child but you are right to do something creative to keep your mind at peace and know that time will make it all......................I'm not sure what work to use. I lost my younger sister to ovarian cancer 7 years ago. She was diagnosed, had surgery and came to live with us so she could be closer to the hospital and stayed with us for 7 weeks. Then she had to be admitted into the hospital and passed away 2 weeks later. I thought I would never get over it but now 7 years later I can talk about it and rejoice in her life even though sometimes I still cry when I think of her. Time will make it better. At least he is no longer suffering.

Power Poster
    This is truely a beautiful quilt. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose a child but you are right to do something creative to keep your mind at peace and know that time will make it all......................I'm not sure what word to use. I lost my younger sister to ovarian cancer 7 years ago. She was diagnosed, had surgery and came to live with us so she could be closer to the hospital and stayed with us for 7 weeks. Then she had to be admitted into the hospital and passed away 2 weeks later. I thought I would never get over it but now 7 years later I can talk about it and rejoice in her life even though sometimes I still cry when I think of her. Time will make it better. At least he is no longer suffering.

The quilt is very nice, you did a great job. I know your son is smiling doen on it now. It is so hard to lose a child. God Bless you and help you thru your loss.

The quilt is beautiful! My sympathies on the loss of your son.

Your quilt is beautiful.I love the colors. Sorry to hear about the loss of your son. It must be really hard. Hang in there and keep quilting.

community benefactor granmanellie's Avatar
    Your quilt is simply amazing. I'm truly sorry for the loss of your son. Words can't express. Keep quilting you have a wonderful talent.

Blog Entries
    Way to go.

Blog Entries
    It's beautiful. Nice job.

God bless you

Jenni, so sorry to hear about your son! What a great idea to make a quilt for him! You bet he is smiling down on you and his new quilt!

Sorry about your loss and only time will heal the hurt but NOTHING can take away the memories.GOD is good all the time HE will walk with you through it!

Your quilt is beautiful I have yet to make one still practicing on my quilting.Have made some wall hangings though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast