Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Left Twist Thread for Janome 1600 P-QC??? >

Left Twist Thread for Janome 1600 P-QC???

Left Twist Thread for Janome 1600 P-QC???

Old 08-31-2010, 08:27 PM

I have the Janome 1600 & love it! I have used all kinds of thread with no problrms. It is a real workhorse. Haven't had a bit of trouble either! Enjoy!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bostons
I just bought a Janome 1600 P-QC to put on my Little Gracie II frame. As I'm going through the manual I get to "Threading the Needle Thread" and it says "Use Only Left Twist Thread". WHAT? I'm lucky I can even SEE the thread let alone what direction it twists! Is this something special or is it normal? Help!

Thanks!
I have had my Janome QC for 7 years and love,love,love it.I use all kinds of thread and never had a problem,good thing I didn't read the manual or I would be confused to.Enjoy your machine,I will buy Janome again if this one wears out but I don't think it will.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:01 AM

Wow, I never thought I would see this on the Board :thumbdown: I have a Machanical Janome and I LOVE it!! I also have a Singer Touch and Sew that is OLDer then Dirt Love it. Sews GREAT, I have a Cheaper Brother LOVE IT I also have a HuskyStar 224, that I happen to find at a Pon Shop for $130.00 and the machine has never been used, Until I bought it and has since sewn 4 quilts. So everyone is Correct we ALL have our preferences some may not have the same luck as others. Your friend should really take her machine back where she bought it maybe it's "Operator Error" after all we are ALL HUMAN :thumbup:
Old 09-02-2010, 06:04 AM

I an SO Envious!! Can't wait to see what comes out of your wonderful gift I believe your DH is a Real Keeper. I have a Keeper Also. Show us pictures when you can!!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
I just bought a Janome 1600 P-QC to put on my Little Gracie II frame. As I'm going through the manual I get to "Threading the Needle Thread" and it says "Use Only Left Twist Thread". WHAT? I'm lucky I can even SEE the thread let alone what direction it twists! Is this something special or is it normal? Help!

Thanks!
I have had my Janome QC for 7 years and love,love,love it.I use all kinds of thread and never had a problem,good thing I didn't read the manual or I would be confused to.Enjoy your machine,I will buy Janome again if this one wears out but I don't think it will.
Thank you! Yeah, I've owned Janomes forever. I should have just threaded it! :)
Old 09-02-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Up4BigChal
Wow, I never thought I would see this on the Board :thumbdown: I have a Machanical Janome and I LOVE it!! I also have a Singer Touch and Sew that is OLDer then Dirt Love it. Sews GREAT, I have a Cheaper Brother LOVE IT I also have a HuskyStar 224, that I happen to find at a Pon Shop for $130.00 and the machine has never been used, Until I bought it and has since sewn 4 quilts. So everyone is Correct we ALL have our preferences some may not have the same luck as others. Your friend should really take her machine back where she bought it maybe it's "Operator Error" after all we are ALL HUMAN :thumbup:
Yeah, people are funny aren't they? You can take any machine and post a question about it and someone will have something negative to say about it. Funny thing is I wasn't asking her opinion or anyone's about my machine. I didn't give a rat's patootie what she thought. I love Janome's and have for years. Yup, my hubby's definitely a keeper. I'm pretty lucky. Happy to hear you have a keeper too! Sounds like there are lots of those around here. :) Thanks!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by happy sewer
I have a friend who bought a 1600P. It has been nothing but a headache. Won't sew . Skips stitches. Thread always breaks. She hates it.
Thanks. That helps a lot.
i had to laugh, my mother admired my sewing machine a great deal, she always complained about hers not working right. she said she had nothing but problems with it. i always felt bad that mine worked so good and she had so much trouble with hers. when she moved to a different state, i gave her my machine. i couldn't see her lugging a machine that didn't work clean across country and mine worked so well i was sure she would have no problem with it. WRONG!!!!! she had nothing but trouble with it. when i went for vacation to thier new house she was telling me all about the trouble she had with it. so i took a deep breath and dug in to see what the trouble was and hoped it didn't have to go to the repair shop and cost a fortune to fix. well, she didn't have it threaded correctly, she had a dull, bent needle in it, the bobbin wasn't wound right or threaded right and the set screw was about to fall out. she was using some dime store thread and there was lint and fuzz everywhere, the tension was all messed up and she had released the pressure on the foot. well, now was the problem with the machine? LOL
i later learned the machine she originally had was a step down model of the one i gave her. seeing as she didn't know how to set it up, no wonder she had so much trouble with the more complicated one.

ENJOY YOUR MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
HMMM, After some google reading it seems as if MOST thread that is machine sewing is left twist thread.

Maybe this would help.

http://www.ylicorp.com/pdf/tot-brochure.pdf
Never heard of it either. Thanks for doing the research.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by sewhip
Originally Posted by happy sewer
I have a friend who bought a 1600P. It has been nothing but a headache. Won't sew . Skips stitches. Thread always breaks. She hates it.
Thanks. That helps a lot.
i had to laugh, my mother admired my sewing machine a great deal, she always complained about hers not working right. she said she had nothing but problems with it. i always felt bad that mine worked so good and she had so much trouble with hers. when she moved to a different state, i gave her my machine. i couldn't see her lugging a machine that didn't work clean across country and mine worked so well i was sure she would have no problem with it. WRONG!!!!! she had nothing but trouble with it. when i went for vacation to thier new house she was telling me all about the trouble she had with it. so i took a deep breath and dug in to see what the trouble was and hoped it didn't have to go to the repair shop and cost a fortune to fix. well, she didn't have it threaded correctly, she had a dull, bent needle in it, the bobbin wasn't wound right or threaded right and the set screw was about to fall out. she was using some dime store thread and there was lint and fuzz everywhere, the tension was all messed up and she had released the pressure on the foot. well, now was the problem with the machine? LOL
i later learned the machine she originally had was a step down model of the one i gave her. seeing as she didn't know how to set it up, no wonder she had so much trouble with the more complicated one.

ENJOY YOUR MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a great story!!! Thanks for sharing. :)
Old 02-15-2011, 04:42 PM

I researched the janome 1600 got it sewed 1quilt on it now I can't keep it from breaking the thread. It doesn't matter what left or right twist, cheap or expensive. I've gone thru tension dial. Are there such a thing as lemon machines? I have never had this much trouble with any other brand machine an I've been sewing for 40 years.