Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let's Virtually Quilt together this Sunday, 4/15!!

Quote Originally Posted by qm View Post
    sounds like fun. If you don't hear from me then it will be because a few days ago i coughed too hard and separated my ribs. I'm doing better, but i have several wips calling to me right now, but not getting done.
    feel better!
    (Ż`v´Ż)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨Ż`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by nycquilter View Post
    I will definitely be quilting and will try to check in when I take breaks. I have one quilt that is almost finished. it's from Patricia Campbell's first book. I did all nine blocks. then I sashed it and I'm so happy with it. I just have to decide on the final border/s. Lots of ideas, nothing that is quite "it" yet. And I have a UFO that needs just a little more work--I think it's a design by Front Porch, uses drunkard square blocks in two sizes. Basically, I have to fix a goof. I've already done the unsewing that was needed. Now, to insert a strip, re=sew, border and done--My only distractions this weekend will be my two labradorable dogs. Husband (poor guy) is a CPA up to his eye-balls in work before the 17th!
    Something I always wonder about when patterns give timelines about how long a pattern will take to finish, how many "let the dog out" break are included in that? LOL! I swear... my Leo KNOWS "Mommy in sewing room means I must bark & potty & play" all day... LOL! But I wouldn't give him up for all the fabric in the world... & that's saying something!!!!!
    (Ż`v´Ż)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
    I am so happy that I won't be talking to myself this time!! Hehe, I am thinking I will work on some binding, it's so incredibly boring that I will need y'all's encouragement to get me through!!! Remember to look for the new thread on Sunday to check in and list your goals for the day!!

Cheers!
    Rachel
    If y'all didn't think I was a total nutjob, this should seal the deal for you. I LOVE doing the binding... love, love, love it! Except for picking the fabrics, it's my favorite part. So I envy you! See? I need professional help... LOL!
    (Ż`v´Ż)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

Quote Originally Posted by fxsts93kf View Post
    Would love to join you ladies but I'm going to the International Quilt Festival in Cincinnati on Sunday! WooHoo!! It was wonderful last year and I can't wait for Sunday! Otherwise I would definitely join in!
    I'm going to go on Saturday w/ the rest of the working world. I would rather go Sunday because there will be less people there, esp in the morning.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

I wish I could join you but I have a great grand daughter and a granddaughter that are celebrating their birthdays that day. One will be 21 yrs old and the other will be 1 yr. old. Such a joy. But I am sure you all will have fun and maybe I can check in later in the afternoon. Marge

Hope to join you, missed your last one. I have sseveral projects going on but I think I should be able to make good progress if I "join" some other quilters so should be good motivation. I think I am ahead of you here but not sure by how much. I am writing this post at 11.55am our time so should be able to work out time difference. Lets home I can get started a report some good work by the time you set up the new post. Can't wait, thanks for doing this

Quote Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
    Hope to join you, missed your last one. I have sseveral projects going on but I think I should be able to make good progress if I "join" some other quilters so should be good motivation. I think I am ahead of you here but not sure by how much. I am writing this post at 11.55am our time so should be able to work out time difference. Lets home I can get started a report some good work by the time you set up the new post. Can't wait, thanks for doing this
    So you are ahead of me by 5 hours (this board is 3 hours behind me). I will be sure to post the thread nice and early (unfortunately I wake up very early for work, which often carries over to weekends too) so you can check in sooner!! Glad you can join us!!

Rachel

I would like to join. I have my whole house cleaned, my sewing room picked up (as I have someone coming on Saturday to look at my mid-arm as I'm selling it) so I can sew all day Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Yay!! I am so excited to see how many of you will be quilting with me on Sunday!! Is everyone getting their projects ready? I made a list and I plan on getting more done this time than last time, which will be easier with more of you holding me accountable!!

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Last edited by athenagwis; 04-12-2012 at 04:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    I would love to join in the quilt fest - but we are off to visit 4 grandkids in NJ. I need a day to myself, a quilting mental health day. Enjoy the day everyone!!!
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

Oh I'm so up for this!!! Hubby's leaving to go out of town (for the week -- YEAH!!!) and I plan on quilting the entire week (well all but when I have to go to work, when I go to church and etc). I've got 6 or 7 quilt tops that need quilting for the local hospital and 2 baby quilts I need to get started on.

Can't wait to start!!!!
    Gold and Silver are made purer and stronger by Fire.

Hopefully, I can join in. Have to start getting things organized for a workshop I am leaving for immediately after work on Friday, and tomorrow is cleaning day - BLECK! - but I should still be able to get it done in time.

I have the blocks for a Chunky Churndash to be put together and a queen sized top to bind.

Can't wait I am getting my things together so I have no excuses and will really achieve something, just what I need, thanks for organising. Eileen

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    If y'all didn't think I was a total nutjob, this should seal the deal for you. I LOVE doing the binding... love, love, love it! Except for picking the fabrics, it's my favorite part. So I envy you! See? I need professional help... LOL!
    I have binding to do on 4 quilts and I don't like binding. I will join in and machine bind both sides of my quilts. I'm Pacific coast time, so I'll join in late and stay late!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I am so excited to quilt with all of you guys tomorrow!! I hope you all are getting your projects ready!! I will have the post up as early as possible for our friends in other time zones.

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-15-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    I'm hoping to join you all for a bit on Sunday too. I've got cleaning and laundry to do today so I can play a little tomorrow. Guess I'd better put the computer down and get to it!
    Wendy

I am in, but have not set goals yet. I will have to step away for church, but will get up early and get a good start.

Count me in. I'm making a scrappy log cabin & I have 19 blocks done so far- don't know how many more I'll need so I'm in for the day. My husband will be out of the house for most of the day, too, so no interruptions! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by echoemb View Post
    I would like to join. I have my whole house cleaned, my sewing room picked up (as I have someone coming on Saturday to look at my mid-arm as I'm selling it) so I can sew all day Sunday. Looking forward to it.
    Listen, girlfriend, if you get bored Sunday & can't find anything to sew on, you're certainly welcome to come to the wilds of western WI & work your magic on my house & mots certainly my sewing room... LOL! Seriously, it looks like one of the tornadoes buzzing around today came right down my center hall... LOL! I'm afraid to answer the door for fear it's the health department... LOL! I should be doing some serious spring cleaning today but guess what? I've got a date to SEW with my QB buddies so that's what I'm doing!!! Plus watching my Red Wings. Plus having some yummy Chinese food for lunch. YAY!!!
    (Ż`v´Ż)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

Y'know what they say? "Man plans & God laughs". It's true. I had a big, wonderful project all planned (see one of my previous posts) but then life stepped in. Oh, trust me... I'm still quilting. But my project has changed. I know I've bored you all to tears with my wonky knee (not nearly as cute or fun as wonky stars, trust me) & it's reared its ugly head again (is that even physically possible?). I have degenerative bone disease in my right knee (my sewing knee) & while I'm not "disabled", it does cramp my style. So, Friday evening I was out in the backyard, throwing a stick for Leo (am I a great doggie mommy or what? Throw a slimy stick till my arm aches... but I can't say no to my little love puppy) & I stepped wrong & down I went. Yep... fell right on my ever-expanding rear end & twisted said screwy knee/leg like a pretzel. I'm OK (& I already had a MD regular check-up appointment scheduled for Tuesday) but my leg is pretty tender & I just don't think standing on my feet a bunch would be good, so I'm going to do hand work in bed instead. I have a Project Linus quilt to bind & I also have a bunch of applique things to work on. So... change of plans but not cancellation. And still Red Wings & food, food, food! Let's rock this, ladies!
    (Ż`v´Ż)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

Quote Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
    Hopefully, I can join in. Have to start getting things organized for a workshop I am leaving for immediately after work on Friday, and tomorrow is cleaning day - BLECK! - but I should still be able to get it done in time.

I have the blocks for a Chunky Churndash to be put together and a queen sized top to bind.
    Oh, please, please, please post your Chunky Churndashes, OK? I am just obsessed with that pattern & want to make one sooooooooooooooooo bad!
    (Ż`v´Ż)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

Morning everyone, well it is here anyway and I have been sewing for an hour. I know there is probably going to be a new thread started on this , but I want to post already so will transfer onto new post when it starts.

I am making two identical quilts measuring 45"x84" I need 36 blocks, have most of it cut out (still got 72 hst to do). Have pieced and completed 4 blocks, have 8 blocks to be sashed and 14 blocks partially completed.

I have divided my day into hour long blocks with a target for each hour. Already I am way behind but then I always overestimate what I can do. But I am not looking on it as a failure but as an accomplishment, I am closer to completing the quilts than I was an hour ago. I think this virtual quilting is a great idea as I often think I am going to quilt all day but things get in the way and this has kind of given me permission (like taking a class) to just go for it. See you all later when you get up. Must be the first time in my life I have ever been early for anything lol. Eileen

well, it's looking grey and overcast. I was going to split my time between quilting and the garden. So, soon as I finish my cup of coffee, I'll head upstairs to work.

Hi ladies!! I have started a new thread for our sew day so we can see everyone's projects. Be sure to head on over there and post about your goals and use that thread to check in!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...a-t186109.html

Cheers!
    Rachel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2