Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's Virtually Quilt together this Sunday, 4/15!!

Let's Virtually Quilt together this Sunday, 4/15!!

I will be quilting my heart away this Sunday and I thought maybe some others might want to join me!! It'll be an all day virtual quilting party!! This is just a thread to remind you to get ready. We will check in through out the day on Sunday to show our progress. The best part is you don't have to lug your sewing machine anywhere!!

I will make a post at about 9:00 AM EST on Sunday April 15. Everyone can post their goals for the day on that post. Then we can check in to see how we're doing. It's a fun way to actually get some projects done. I have a few projects I am working on so I am not quite sure what my goals will be yet, but I am very excited to be held "accountable" for my goals!!

So how 'bout it, you gonna join me on Sunday?

Rachel

Blog Entries
    I'm in! I have quite a few baby quilts to bind plus other stuff!
    Bernie

Blog Entries
    I'm in, I have my daughter's quilt top cut and ready to assemble.

I think I'll join- I have lots of WIPS to choose from!
    QMFAO

Count me in!!! After spending the last 2 weeks on these IEPs and tomorrow & Thurs I have 4 meetings, I'll be ready for a day of quilting - after church..
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

I would love too but DH has drill so no sewing for me. But I would love to see all your WIPs...need some inspirations.
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove

Blog Entries
    sounds great!

QM
    Sounds like fun. If you don't hear from me then it will be because a few days ago I coughed too hard and separated my ribs. I'm doing better, but I have several WIPs calling to me right now, but not getting done.

Would love to join you ladies but I'm going to the International Quilt Festival in Cincinnati on Sunday! WooHoo!! It was wonderful last year and I can't wait for Sunday! Otherwise I would definitely join in!
    Kelly

I will definitely be quilting and will try to check in when I take breaks. I have one quilt that is almost finished. it's from Patricia Campbell's first book. I did all nine blocks. then I sashed it and I'm so happy with it. I just have to decide on the final border/s. Lots of ideas, nothing that is quite "it" yet. And I have a UFO that needs just a little more work--I think it's a design by Front Porch, uses drunkard square blocks in two sizes. Basically, I have to fix a goof. I've already done the unsewing that was needed. Now, to insert a strip, re=sew, border and done--My only distractions this weekend will be my two labradorable dogs. Husband (poor guy) is a CPA up to his eye-balls in work before the 17th!

Sounds like fun but I'm going to be visiting some friends Sunday. Hope you all enjoy yourselves.
    Heather

Sounds like fun...I will have to check with DH but as far as I know we are homebound Sunday I have plenty of UFOs waiting to be finished...some of them only need borders or blocks put together!

Don't know that I'll join but it'll be fun to sneak in and take a peek!

Blog Entries
    Sounds like fun. I will check in on Sunday unless something unexpected happens.
    Happy Quilting.

Count me in when church lets out!! Not sure what I will be working on, as I hope to complete the quilt I am doing now before then,..hoipfully beginning my next!!

I am so happy that I won't be talking to myself this time!! Hehe, I am thinking I will work on some binding, it's so incredibly boring that I will need y'all's encouragement to get me through!!! Remember to look for the new thread on Sunday to check in and list your goals for the day!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Sounds like a fun way to relax in the afternoon when I get home from playing for 2 church services.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

I would love to join you .... especially since Rachel and I will be working with the same fabric (the stripe - but different patterns).

So .... IF I finish my taxes on Saturday, and IF I get my shopping done on Saturday, and IF I get my house cleaned on Saturday ....

Wow. I'm going to be a busy girl on Saturday!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

I will try to join you. I have some hand quilting to finish up on two quilts in the next 5 weeks.

This is such a good idea. I'll be flying home Sunday so can't join you that day. Hopefully it will prove to be fun and productive so we can get together again.
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

I'll join in, this is the perfect type of get together for me.
    "Be brave enough to be who you really are.

Count me in. What a great idea. Shelley

Blog Entries
    I am not sure what I will be doing i will try to join If Just finished one quilt i have been working on an another one has lots of stuff to finish the back and binding.not it will be fun to see the results. Great idea.

Yes, yes, & more yes! Should I use the day to clean my sewing studio? Yes. Will I? No. How about if I finish up some of the UFO's with cobwebs hanging from them that are all over my studio? Should work on them, ain't gonna, tho. Nope... I've got my project ALL lined up & I'm AMPED!!! For more than one reason. I have been wanting to give the jelly roll race quilt a try (if it works out as cool as everybody says, it could really be a life-saver). Plus my DH's BD was last month (as was our anniversary) & I wanted to make him a new nap quilt (his old one is getting kinda shabby -- loved to death). So... over the Easter weekend Green Fairy had "spend $10 & get a free charm pack". AND they had the exact jelly roll I wanted to get for him ("Birch Bark Lodge" -- get it? "Birch"?), so it just all came together perfectly. Plus, my order came TODAY! Great service! So... to answer your question... YES... I plan to sew my little heart out Sunday! And I think I'll treat myself to Chinese food, too... make it a true day of indulgence. Ooh... plus I think some of the hockey play-offs are on so it will be HEAVEN! Yay! Be there or be square!!!!

(`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Elise1 View Post
    I'll join in, this is the perfect type of get together for me.
    Ditto... I can stay in my jammies & no one will be the wiser... oops... unless I blab my mouth about it... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast