Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lighting

np3
    Blog Entries
    I have several Ott lights. I think they are the best. When I am not sure about the colors I am mixing, I always stick them under the Ott light. Problem solved.

I have 2 Ott ones...love them both!!!

Blog Entries
    I bought the Ottlight and absolutely love it. Joanns now has them on sale and really good prices.

Blog Entries
    I've even gone so far as to take a bolt of fabric outside to match it to a paint chip. It was a green that just wouldn't behave in the store. So the staff allowed me to take it outside! They got the sale - enough fabric for curtains.
    I don't have an OTT light, but in my sewing studio, I have natural flourescent lights and love them. My new machine also has 5 lights built in and it's great.

I have three Ott's. One floor model from eons ago. At least twenty years old. I just replaced the bulb in it last year. I have the desk top one that when you fold up the light it turns on. Had that one about 15 years and never replaced the bulb. I now use it to do schoolwork. It also has a swivel base. Thr third is the same one only has a magnifier. DD uses it to do her crafts. It is about 10 years old and have never replaced the bulb.

My DS had the Daylight one and hated it.

I use Reveal bulbs throughout the house and they help with my glare problem.

I bought my ottlite task lamp(folding type) 15 yrs ago and
    I've not changed the bulb yet.
    I have 2 of the task lamps that I use daily either behind my treadle machine or my electric machine.
    Also have 2 ottlite floor lamps and they are still on the original bulbs too. I know they are at least 10 yrs old.
    I have never tried the other lamp that you mentioned, so I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by brookemarie19
    Does anyone know how long these bulbs last? They are just so expensive if I'm going to have to replace them alot.

Blog Entries
    My Ott lights are 12-13 years old, use them every night and still using the bulb that came with them. Can't beat them.

I love the Ott light. My daughter found it at Odd Lots for much cheaper than JoAnn's has it.

Love the ott light. Never tried the natural light.

I have three floor model Ott lights and one clip on. Some I have had for at least twenty years and have only had to replace one bulb. I also have a floor natural light with large round magnifying section with light all around that I bought at a stitchery shop twenty years ago. It is fine for stitchery but no good for quilting.

I've had an Ott light for several years and it's the best.

I have two double florecent lights in my sewing room and it sure is clear and bright.good lighting is key in a sewing room.

Power Poster
    I have an folding desk top ottlight and love it.

I sew with Home Depot's Daylight lamps, also have one by my reading chair. I love them. Mine cost $15.00 on sale--usually are around $20 for the desktop model. Floor models are 10-15 dollars more.

i have the ott light and love it

my husband also bought me the magnify glass that hooks on my ottlight and when he bought it for me i said i dont need that thing(the magnify glass) well guess what i use it alot now good for ripping out mistakes sewing small stitches (i can see where they are going) and many times i really appreciate him buying it for me BUT i wont let him know that he was right !!!

Blog Entries
    I have three Ott Lights in my home. One is the folding kind and two are on stands. One of the stands is by my husband's chair. I love my Otts! I have had them for a long time and the bulbs really last. I haven't replaced one yet (knock on wood :) ).

I bought mine at Joann's on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltnmom
    I am looking at the lighting on Joann's website and can't decide which would be better, the Naturalight or the Ottlight. Anyone have any of these? What are your thoughts?
    I have the Ott light.

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Did you get the coupon for a whole bunch off of lighting?

I have an old 60 watt task light directed at my machine work area...when I purchased an Ottlight I found it wasn't as bright, so I returned it. Is the "light" from the Ottlight so much superior that the amount of light is immaterial?

Ott light is great I have several. I bought several from Joann's but a little secrete, One I bought just up and one day did not come on. There was no fix here in US. I ended up jus donating the light and buying another one from "JoAnns" I have the table light and the floor light and they are wonderful but I have seen other lights that give as much light as the ott's. Donna Gedeon, Aurora, CO

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have two Ott Lites and I really like them.

It's Ott for me too. I have them everywhere I do any sewing. The den, my bedroom chair, and of course in my sewing room. In fact, I have three in there.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brookemarie19
    Does anyone know how long these bulbs last? They are just so expensive if I'm going to have to replace them alot.
    I've had one of mine for almost 6 years and I've never had to replace the bulb and the other one for about 3 years and never replaced that one either.

I thought the Ott lights were "natural light" so there shouldn't be any difference except in brand name. I have the small Ott and take it with me to quilting classes. Also have a different brand and can't really tell the difference. I think you can buy a "natural light" bulb to fit any of the Ott style lights.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast