Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Motivation Badly needed >

Motivation Badly needed

Motivation Badly needed

Old 11-03-2010, 02:25 PM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I also agree with all of the wonderful advice given here and I echo the advice of "kclaus," I keep thinking, "what would your husband have wanted for you now?" I can't help but believe that he would have definitely wanted you to continue to enjoy the craft that you both shared. Do it for him, whenever you are ready, organize that room, a little at a time and do it with pride. This was a craft you shared with him, carry it on, if for no other reason initially than to honor him. They say that's one of the best ways to honor those that have passed on, do the things he loved to do, keep your sewing craft active, happy and full of joy. I just believe that this is what he would have wanted for you. Something tells me that he would not have wanted you to stop enjoying what you love to do, what you both loved doing together.

(((HUGS))) to you, the healing will come in its own time. In the meantime, smile for him, be happy for him, enjoy your life for you, it's want he would have wanted for you.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Power Poster

I just want to send you a hug. I don't know if I could go in there either.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:19 PM

My heart breaks for you. I so wish I lived near you and could help you in this sad journey. May God send his loving angels to surround you in love.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband 5 years ago at the age of 61. What keeps me going is this: I know he is happy in heaven and I could not wish him back to this crazy, crazy world. He is too good for all this selfish, uncaring world that we are living in today.
So I suggest you be happy for him where he knows the peace and happiness promised to us, and you do the best you can to serve our Lord. May God bless and keep you.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:28 PM

I agree with " quiltsbykandy" comments. Take your time sorting the room,
save UFO's you both worked on and perhaps after finishing them, present
as remembrance gifts to family. As you get organized, you will enjoy your quilting again. All who have also had your experience deeply sympathize
with you.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:32 AM

I lost my hubby Sept 30th and am having the same problem. Though we didn't quilt together I knew that he was sitting there watching tv listening to the sewing machine hum in the background. I have not been able to spend any time in my sewing room and have no desire to quilt. I always thought that quilting would be my refuge when his time came, but it has not been the case. I'm sorry for your loss. It must have been wonderful to share your passion of quilting with him. Though my hubby did not quilt he always encouraged and praised my work. Hopefully we will get thru this. God Bless.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:32 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Many good suggestions here but I like (1st) taking your time and (2nd) getting a friends help.

We lost my FIL in July and are dealing with the same sort of thing with 88 year old MIL.

(((Hugs)))
Old 11-04-2010, 05:59 AM

Thank you all for your comments and support, I really am overwhelmed by all your caring and love. I brought the subject up at my grief counseling group last night. Their thought was that when I am ready to do this I will do it and not force the issue. I think there is something to that theory.I find having his clothes in the closet very comforting and haven't thought of giving them away. However last night I donated two of his winter jackets to the needy, so I think the same principle applies. When I am ready I will be able to do it. Thank you all.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:26 AM

Another thought, amongst all these very good ones! You might trying moving your machine & sewing in another room for a bit. If you are alone now, maybe out in your front room, kitchen area. I would think that might help. Good luck & let us know what works for you!...