Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My sewing machine died.  :( >

My sewing machine died. :(

My sewing machine died. :(

Old 09-16-2009, 08:10 AM

Oh, Eddie, how distressing! I am glad it is still under warranty, but it isn't home where it belongs. We are all waiting for an update.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:48 PM

I have a Kenmore and a Janome and love them both!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:53 PM

Hi all. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer about the health of my machine. My wife was there last night for a mystery class and she asked the repair guy about it. He said he would be taking a look at it today. Still haven't heard anything, though. :(

However, I have been busy. :) I've got pieces for an entire quilt top cut out, so they are ready to sew together when I get my machine back. Also, have the top, back, and batting on another quilt ready to quilt together. And have the pieces for yet another quilt almost all cut out and ready to piece together, so will get those all cut out tonight. So, that's 1 quilt ready to quilt, and two more ready to piece together. Also, I went and bought some more fabric to make Fall placemats to match the Fall tablerunner that I posted about. So will get cutting on that, too.

So I've been cutting, cutting, cutting!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:45 PM

You have really been a busy bee. Can't wait to see you pictures.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:44 AM

My first sewing machine, Singer, I had for 30 yrs, never had it worked on and it died, I could not get rid of it. I gave it to my daughter to get rid of it for me. I was so attached to it. I haven't had another sewing machine like it since. They just don't make them like they use to in my opinion.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:22 AM

Eddie, I know just how you feel, like a friend is terribly sick. :cry: 25 years ago, my only machine at the time, had a breakdown. While it was in the shop I had to borrow a machine because I was having such major withdrawals. I sew everyday. Now I have two machines just in case this ever happens again. One is real old but it works and great backup. Will your wife and daughter let you use their machine? Hang in there, don't let this get you all depressed, your sewing machine will be well in no time.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:40 AM

Oh, when you take it in to get worked on, be sure to ask for a 'loaner' ... some sewing machine distributors will do that for you while your machine is getting fixed.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 09-17-2009, 08:44 AM

ask for a loaner when you take your machine in for service.
hope you are back and sewing soon!
kath
Old 09-17-2009, 01:08 PM

By now you may have the problem solved. My machine also buzzed and would not sew. I called my Bernina dealer who told me to try moving the lever that is used to fill a new bobbin. (Mine automatically stops when the bobbin is full.) It looked like it was ok but had, in fact, stuck half way between on and off. The minute I returned it to the off position, the buzzing stopped and the machine worked. Hope it works for you.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:20 PM

Stinkers!
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Eddie. I'm not sure if I could keep myself busy cutting pieces for future quilts - I'd start to itch to sew.
I have my old JC Penny machine that I have been keeping just in case I needed her but I'm feeling guilty that she never ever gets used and now that I'm getting a Brother embroidery machine I'm thinking my JC Penny might need to find a good friendly home with someone who will love and work her since my Brother will become my back up sewing machine :)

sigh - side note - we won't be getting to see anything new from you for awhile now :(