Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
new iron >

new iron

new iron

Old 02-21-2016, 02:46 PM

I, too, use a cheap Black and Decker. Am on only my second one in many years. My most favorite is a solid metal soleplate at$5.oo from a Habitat resale shop.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by TJ Legge View Post
I agree that irons aren't as hot as they used to be, probably now considered a fire-hazard on the advice of the company lawyers. I loved my old Rowenta that sizzled. And I have a very sleek Panasonic in my laundry room that is pointy enough to iron complicated shirts and pleats. But since developing arthritic thumbs and CT in the wrists, my new love for quilting is a cordless iron. If you set down into it's heating base, it stays hot enough for all my projects so far, and is pointy at both ends. It is a Panasonic and it was the most expensive at about $99.
I also enjoy my cordless Panasonic, especially since I am left handed. It is easier for me to deal with.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:16 PM

I had a rowenta iron that stopped working or I should say worked depending on the position of the cord. My husband was able to take the iron apart and found that a wire was broken. Was able to reconnect the wire and the iron is fine. Might fine someone to take a look at it and see if they can find the problem; expecially if is doesn't cost anything. Nothing to lose since the iron is not working anyway. If he couldn't fix it I was not going to purchase another expensive iron again.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:06 PM

I purchased a used Rowenta Pro. I have had it for about a year now. It works great!