Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Quilting program on Public TV in the Spring in Oregon >

New Quilting program on Public TV in the Spring in Oregon

New Quilting program on Public TV in the Spring in Oregon

Old 12-29-2011, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I always liked the format of the show Simply Quilting that use to be on HGTV. She had various guests on who displayed their patterns and techniques. It also showed new tools for quilting along with suggestions for both hand and machine quilting.
I agree -- I loved this format. She had a little bit of everything. It was refreshing to see different guests do the different techniques. I liked the variety. I remember Jenny Beyer and some quilt challenges. I got inspired by several folks -- what I liked is they were't hawking a product but passing along how they did things.

Last edited by QuiltnLady1; 12-29-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:36 PM

It's hard to do a program that will interest beginners and experts. I would like to see how to use stencils for quilting, like diamonds that actually connect around! The actual plan for quilting a quilt is rarely addressed. Much time is spent on how to quilt, but not on how to get the best look for the quilt. I also like seeing (on the Quilting today-or what ever it is called with Pokey Bolton) how an expert would 'fix' a quilt. I feel pretty sure we have all been making a quilt and get to a stage and get bored or find it isn't turning out like you thought it would. Then what? How do you put together left over blocks to make a quilt that looks good. Is it color? value? or compisition?