Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
NEW twister patterns are coming out! >

NEW twister patterns are coming out!

NEW twister patterns are coming out!

Old 02-22-2012, 10:49 PM

They aren't in a book. The wreath you can find on various sites or at The Gathering Room Quilt Shop in Legrange, KY and I believe she also has a tree. There are several different tree designs out there.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Earleen View Post
These are so cute and I am addictied? to that twister. Trying to design a shamrock.
Earleen,
I bought the lil twister because of your picture! I love that red heart! Can;t wait to actually make it.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Earleen View Post
These are so cute and I am addictied? to that twister. Trying to design a shamrock.
Earleen, I did design a Shamrock Twist.... it's my avatar picture. I can't wait to see your's.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:37 PM

Which one do you prefer? I'm thinking about getting one but don't know which size to get. Are they readily available? I saw some on Amazon.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:56 PM

I like the Primitive Pinwheel Tool best, then I like Lil' Twister. I find I have more versatility with the Primitive Pinwheel Tool. Not only that, but I don't have to buy as much fabric for each project. I don't worry about waste because I've figured out multiple ways to have virtually no waste with any size ruler.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
Earleen, I did design a Shamrock Twist.... it's my avatar picture. I can't wait to see your's.

oh my....I love that Shamrock....I need to find time to play with my stuff...too many swap things going on right now!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Banned

I like the Primitive Pinwheel Tool best, then I like Lil' Twister. I find I have more versatility with the Primitive Pinwheel Tool. Not only that, but I don't have to buy as much fabric for each project. I don't worry about waste because I've figured out multiple ways to have virtually no waste with any size ruler.
I have itty bitty primative tool. want to do some MINI twisting too!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
I have itty bitty primative tool. want to do some MINI twisting too!
I have all 4 sizes and already Itty Bitty Twist! Lol My Shameock Twist uses Itty Bitty as an optional, but helpful tool in addition to the regular Primitive Pinwheel tool. Hehe. There is also a tool out that is essentially 5 or so Twister sizes in one by June Tailor (I think) that I thought about buying but am holding off on for now. I already do enough twisting! (I have roughly 13 Twister patterns I am currently working on that will be out over the next couple of months). I'm addicted to the rulers!
Old 02-25-2012, 05:49 AM
Banned

I have all 4 sizes and already Itty Bitty Twist! Lol My Shameock Twist uses Itty Bitty as an optional, but helpful tool in addition to the regular Primitive Pinwheel tool. Hehe. There is also a tool out that is essentially 5 or so Twister sizes in one by June Tailor (I think) that I thought about buying but am holding off on for now. I already do enough twisting! (I have roughly 13 Twister patterns I am currently working on that will be out over the next couple of months). I'm addicted to the rulers!

just be careful NOT to put pix of your soon to be patterns on the internet. THat is considered being published and should you want to get them under copyright, you might run into problems. Another to consider with that many patterns is to do a book(booklet) instead of individual patterns. THat way you are putting the copyright on a collection instead of each pattern. Saves tons of money and time!

Though since you are using someone elses technique and tools you might run into issues there as well should you decide to publish/copyright the patterns! Such a tricky industry any more!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:32 AM

Jacquie,
Thanks for the information. My designs are being copywritten before I post them anywhere (hence why I wouldn't post pictures of my Shamrock Twist until it was complete and copyright protected). I also have permission from CS Designs and Primitive Gatherings to include their products in my supply lists for my patterns. I made sure I wasn't in violation of copyright laws. Since my Twister patterns are all very different I decided after talking to shop owners to do individual patterns and not a book. Thanks for your advice, Jacquie! I'm also glad you like my Shamrock Twist!

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
just be careful NOT to put pix of your soon to be patterns on the internet. THat is considered being published and should you want to get them under copyright, you might run into problems. Another to consider with that many patterns is to do a book(booklet) instead of individual patterns. THat way you are putting the copyright on a collection instead of each pattern. Saves tons of money and time!

Though since you are using someone elses technique and tools you might run into issues there as well should you decide to publish/copyright the patterns! Such a tricky industry any more!

Last edited by Handcraftsbyjen; 02-25-2012 at 07:34 AM.