Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No response about online order >

No response about online order

No response about online order

Old 01-20-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
I want to know what company because I just orderd some material from a Company the other day. Could you please tell me this even if you send me a pm.
Me, too. The charge came out but no items yet.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:56 PM

Thank you, to MommaDorian and PlainPat for your response.
D in TX
It is hard being vision impaired.....had eye surgery a few weeksago, still seeing double. I had the computer up close to what I call my good eye....and that didn't work....so thank you for the name and location in the thread.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:09 PM

You are welcome. Know what you mean.DH had cataract surgery twice,& is finally getting back to normal.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

I would contact the BBB and also a call to the local police station in the area to see if the shop is completely closed and then they can direct you to the political and criminal side of an investigation.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:04 PM

Well, I made the dreaded phone call to my bank to find out if anything could be done. After reading all of the posts here about using a debit card versus a credit card, I was a bit worried. I was on the phone about 5 minutes with them and they have started a claim already for me. They are crediting my money back and have a full 90 days to finalize it. They did say that I had to wait 15 days, but today was the 15th day, so that worked.
They are going to try to contact the merchant (I told them good luck with that) and see if they can resolve it. She also said that a lot of times, it will encourage the merchant to send out the package right away-I hope they do~I would rather have the fabrics really.
If I receive the package befroe it is finalized I have a choice to either return it (at my cost) or keep it and kill the claim.
Thank you all for giving your suggestions, I really appreciate it.
And, for the rest of you that ordered from doxieshop.com, please verify that if you get charged, you get your merchandise.
I was really hoping that this was just a fluke and I was the only one, but apparently not.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:08 PM

That's great! So glad your bank is going to bat for you.Sorry it happened, but will be a lesson for a lot of us,myself included.

Originally Posted by natalieg

Well, I made the dreaded phone call to my bank to find out if anything could be done. After reading all of the posts here about using a debit card versus a credit card, I was a bit worried. I was on the phone about 5 minutes with them and they have started a claim already for me. They are crediting my money back and have a full 90 days to finalize it. They did say that I had to wait 15 days, but today was the 15th day, so that worked.
They are going to try to contact the merchant (I told them good luck with that) and see if they can resolve it. She also said that a lot of times, it will encourage the merchant to send out the package right away-I hope they do~I would rather have the fabrics really.
If I receive the package befroe it is finalized I have a choice to either return it (at my cost) or keep it and kill the claim.
Thank you all for giving your suggestions, I really appreciate it.
And, for the rest of you that ordered from doxieshop.com, please verify that if you get charged, you get your merchandise.
I was really hoping that this was just a fluke and I was the only one, but apparently not.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:22 PM

I am so glad your situation is getting resolved. I hope you get the fabric.
I had a problem with an online company and also received no replies to emails and phone calls - I finally took a deep breath one morning and called them and left yet another message saying that if I did not hear from them within 24 hours I was going to file a dispute with my credit card company. Ten minutes later I got a phone call and finally (6 weeks later) received my purchase. There was a second part to the purchase that did not arrive for another two weeks with no instructions. To this date - almost a year later - I still have not received instructions. I just gave up!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:21 PM

you should consider opening a paypal account. it's really very safe and free.
with mine i have a dedicated credit card (that i don't use for anything but online purchases, also free) as a backup, in case my paypal account is empty without my realizing it. i do sometimes get carried away. the paypal account is also for online purchases only. in my case, it's a separate checking account that i transfer money into when i think it needs it. keeping it separate allows me to keep track of it. i never use it for anything else. i never write checks on it.

if there is a dispute paypal speaks for you and makes sure that you get what you should, either money or merchandise. with paypal, no one knows your bank account number, your paypal number or anything else except your shipping address. it's an instant transfer, meaning as soon as you pay, they submit the charge to your bank and the bank instantly transfers the money into their bank.
as long as there's money in your account to cover the charge, the deal goes through and shipping can occur. if there's no money, it gets charged to your secondary payer, your credit card, and if that clears it's the same as paying with a card. paypal lets me know if they turned down a charge and my bank lets me know that they turned down a payment for lack of funds. the charge to my credit card shows up on my statement. as for the company, they got their money and they're happy. i get my fabric and i'm happy. call paypal and ask them for info.

paypal is not paying me to tout their services. i just think the service is fantastic idea.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
you should consider opening a paypal account. it's really very safe and free.
with mine i have a dedicated credit card (that i don't use for anything but online purchases, also free) as a backup, in case my paypal account is empty without my realizing it. i do sometimes get carried away. the paypal account is also for online purchases only. in my case, it's a separate checking account that i transfer money into when i think it needs it. keeping it separate allows me to keep track of it. i never use it for anything else. i never write checks on it.

if there is a dispute paypal speaks for you and makes sure that you get what you should, either money or merchandise. with paypal, no one knows your bank account number, your paypal number or anything else except your shipping address. it's an instant transfer, meaning as soon as you pay, they submit the charge to your bank and the bank instantly transfers the money into their bank.
as long as there's money in your account to cover the charge, the deal goes through and shipping can occur. if there's no money, it gets charged to your secondary payer, your credit card, and if that clears it's the same as paying with a card. paypal lets me know if they turned down a charge and my bank lets me know that they turned down a payment for lack of funds. the charge to my credit card shows up on my statement. as for the company, they got their money and they're happy. i get my fabric and i'm happy. call paypal and ask them for info.

paypal is not paying me to tout their services. i just think the service is fantastic idea.
Yeah, PayPal is a great service, I have been with them for several years. I just decided on this order to use my debit card. At least the bank is working with me on it to get it resolved, but I probably will go with using my PayPal in the future. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:45 AM

Here is a reply I received from the merchant in question:

"Hello,
Sorry I am slow to ship. I came down with pneumonia three weeks ago and I am running very far behind. I am a business of just me. I will get your order out as fast as I can. Thank you so much for understanding and have a wonderful day!
Ann"

Maybe everyone will get their fabric or items ordered.
D in TX