Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OK, so my long arm has to pay for itself-why doesn't his boat? >

OK, so my long arm has to pay for itself-why doesn't his boat?

OK, so my long arm has to pay for itself-why doesn't his boat?

Old 09-01-2011, 06:03 AM

The game of the sexes. We were brought up with those standards and it's really hard to change. BUT.....it can be done. Start by telling ;yourself that you don't have to justify. My hubby's hobby is golf and believe me, that can get very pricey. ("Did I just hear you say you paid $400 for that one club?? Well, if it makes you happy, then I'm happy".) Or, you could close the whole conversation down by telling him you are enjoying your long-Corvette.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
My hubby said something once about burning all the books I have and don't need etc. I told him we'd start the fire with those baseball cards he has. He's never said another word.

Fair is fair.
I have got to remember this one!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Annette Searcy
One year my husband bought me a boat and motor for mother's day (I DO NOT fish.) I bought him a sewing machine for father's day. He didn't like it.
LOL!!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:04 AM

Aren't we glad Father's Day comes after Mother's Day.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:06 AM

At least you have a long arm!! Put your big girl panties on and go sew with a smile on your face!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I got my long arm by looking at the corvette in the garage. We can't drive it often because: it's raining. It's going to rain. it might rain. it rained last week etc.
I told him that even if I quilted 5 quilts a year it would get used more that that car, and I wouldn't be paying for collision insurance to boot!
This is funny but so true.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Selena
Don't get me wrong, I love my husband for insisting I get my LA because I wanted it. I have been working hard at learning how to use it. He thought I should be able to just go for it and make money. He doesn't have a clue what's involved. I love it and want to do this for money but not only that. I really enjoy doing the quilting. I feel like I have to fight for my time to quilt which doesn't help. When he wanted a boat, we bought a boat. It sits there 99% of the time. It certainly hasn't helped catch enough fish to justify the price. Also the $600 cross bow that he had to have for Christmas last year that is still decorating the corner of my living room-not even fired. He really doesn't deny me what I want if we can do it, not that I ask very often but why do I have to justify it? I got the camera I have wanted for over 30 years because I am the photographer for my EHC club. Why can't wives just have expensive toys?
he needed a boat to catch more fish than he could from shore ...i luv it....i totally luv it !!!!!!!! i am laughing so much
Old 09-01-2011, 06:09 AM

My daughter once bought herself a pair of diamond earrings. When she held her ear out to show people, she said, "See my new tractor!?"
Old 09-01-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Tell him he needs to give people paid boat rides while you're quilting for hire LOL
yes, yes , you are all soooooooooooooo funny
Old 09-01-2011, 06:14 AM

HaHa.... boat rides.... baseball cards. Laughing. :)