Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OK, so my long arm has to pay for itself-why doesn't his boat? >

OK, so my long arm has to pay for itself-why doesn't his boat?

OK, so my long arm has to pay for itself-why doesn't his boat?

Old 09-01-2011, 06:21 AM

I knew women always tried to sneak fabric into the house but this is funny when I see a man doing it. So guess it works both ways.

Originally Posted by Dexx
For me its the opposite. My wife questions why I buy fabric. So I've been trying to let her pick things out with me online.

But once in a while something catches my eye, and I have to sneak a purchase in. In fact, today I'm "working from home" so I can get the mail with the new fabric before she sees it.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Annette Searcy
One year my husband bought me a boat and motor for mother's day (I DO NOT fish.) I bought him a sewing machine for father's day. He didn't like it.
LOL>>>LOL>>>>you'all have made my morning .....woke up in pain but did not want to take medicine, laughing so much the pain is gone TYVM
Old 09-01-2011, 06:41 AM

Oh boy, you guys have hit a nerve with me! I have been wanting a "Tin Lizzy" for years but there's always a reason why I can't get one. My husband's reasoning is that, we don't have the room! Well, our house has 6 bedrooms and all but one of our children are out of the house. He has a sailboat, a yacht club membership plus all of the other expenses involved with the upkeep of the boat. Now we're going to be moving into a smaller house and... you guessed it... now there won't be any room! (But, I can always find room.) Enjoy your long arm! I'll be sending my quilts out to be quilted.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:42 AM

My husband and I have been married for 50 years. I have waited on him hand and foot. He never has to worry about any thing. I see to it. He has his big fancy HDTV and "CLICKER"! And don't forget the recliner where he lives. I have just one thought.......
He better never open his mouth about my quilting!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:42 AM
j

Let's see how much I can spend? to justify an airplane?!!!-J
Old 09-01-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Grammy o'5
They can! and DON'T feel guilty about it! Life is short, enjoy your LA, earn money with it when you can - but don't stress over it! :thumbup:
You bet!! And you could tell him to go fishing or hunting for your supper. :lol:
Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 AM

I love this thread...my DH is usually silent about my sewing and quilting purchases because he has an expensive hobby too. He builds scale model remote controlled boats...big expensive ones! And then there's the 1950's vintage ski boat he wanted to restore...cost $3000 then some work before he changed his mind and recently sold it for $500!! He dare not say a thing about my stuff!

Anita
Old 09-01-2011, 07:04 AM

Ditto with the complaint about the books bit (but now I have a Nook so he doesn't see paperbacks all over the house. My DH's thing is DVD's and he's on his third pull camping trailer (first 2 were tent trailers and this one is a hard-shell pop up) that he uses maybe 1-2 times a year - except for the last 2 years it hasn't been used. Go figure!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:06 AM

My 1st husband saw no "rate of return" in my horse that I had wanted all my life. Now 50 years later, divorced, but still friends with he and new wife, I threw it back in his face when asked if the sale of the chicken eggs paid for their feed. "No, I enjoy fresh range free eggs." :) We all laughed.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by j
Let's see how much I can spend? to justify an airplane?!!!-J
Understand that logic