Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Country Store

Bev
    Has anyone ever used the Old Country Store fabrics, or dealt with them? I just started getting their newsletter and oh my gosh they have some gorgeous stuff! Their prices are a bit better than most of the other sites too. I was just drooling over the Benartex "Dejavu" line. It's unusual and, to me, gorgeous. I'm gonna have to start saving my pennies to order something from them.
    Here's the link if you'd like to take a look.
    http://www.theoldcountrystore.com/fabrics/
    If you've already ordered from them, please let us know how it was. 8-)

Power Poster
    Thanks!

I visit this shop once a year when I travel to Pennsylvania, it's always a great experience. Thier staff is wonderful, and well you have seen their selection and prices! I was short in fabric once, and sent them a swatch, they called me upon arrival of my swatch told me they had more and sent it right out!
    If you order, ask them to send parcel post, and not by a cheaper method. Someone on this board recently complained they didnt' get thier fabric promptly, but I believe it was sent fourth class. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them!

I've been to the store and it's awesome. I've never ordered from them online.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev
    Has anyone ever used the Old Country Store fabrics, or dealt with them? I just started getting their newsletter and oh my gosh they have some gorgeous stuff! Their prices are a bit better than most of the other sites too. I was just drooling over the Benartex "Dejavu" line. It's unusual and, to me, gorgeous. I'm gonna have to start saving my pennies to order something from them.
    Thanks for the great site! They do have really good prices and the options for shipping are great, plus if you order before 2 PM (EST) they ship the same day! Sounds like a very customer friendly website.

I've shopped there when we were in PA a few years ago. It is a very nice shop.

Banned
    I order online from them a little too often for hubby's liking, but the price is right!

Great store ! Stop in when we are in Lancester, which is often. B eautiful fabric & great service..........Michele

Quote Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    I've been to the store and it's awesome. I've never ordered from them online.
    Ditto.

I was there about 2 years ago. I got a few things and liked the store. Never have shopped on line.

I've only ordered online from them once and was very happy with my purchase!

Bev
    Thanks for all the replies. Not a single one had anything not great to say about them. That's my kind of place to shop. I never get to PA, so I'll have to be happy with shopping on-line. Next time I have the money to spend it'll be there. I want to try them.

Ohhh the Deja vu is calling my name I created a wish list and well after $55 worth of fabric I turn off my computer!!

I had never heard of them, but sure do like their fabric - and resonable prices too - thanks for sharing!

Nice prices! Thanks for the link. I may even have to take a weekend road trip this fall!! Signed up for their newsletter too. :D

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    Ohhh the Deja vu is calling my name I created a wish list and well after $55 worth of fabric I turn off my computer!!
    LOL, I do that all the time. Only I rack it up to at least a hundred before I stop. Sometimes I go to a site that also has a "design wall" to compare your fabrics on, and I try out tons of stuff. Then I shut down my computer ... and all those lovely fantasies just disappear. What fun!! 8-)

Blog Entries
    Been there many times in person, it's a beautiful store! When I need a fix I shop online, they do have good prices and beautiful fabrics.

Blog Entries
    yes i have and they sell good fabrics

I live about 45 minutes away. Their prices are worth the drive. I bought the fabric for my DS and DDIL 's wedding quilt there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by jlong
    I live about 45 minutes away. Their prices are worth the drive. I bought the fabric for my DS and DDIL 's wedding quilt there.
    Gorgeous quilt! Gorgeous couple!
    I love black and white quilts. They're great with a touch of color to liven things up. Just like yours. 8-)

Blog Entries
    I have some of their fabric listed for sale in the classifieds. At much less than I paid for it. Love that store.

Blog Entries
    I plan to look into this closer.

Blog Entries
    i have been to their store many times. i live about 2 hours away but it is worth the drive up. i really like the staff and the selection of fabrics is great. my dh is a hunter and there is an archrey shop right down the road so we both get "eye candy".

went there for the first time in July. Will return again soon. After a disappointing trip yesterday to a shop 1 hr. 15 min. away, i will travel the 2 hrs. back again. Good prices, good selection, nice shop! Lots of eye candy.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for providing this website address! I have used both Kona and Benartex fabrics in the past and they were wonderful! I like the prices too. Also, they have so many beautiful and bright selections compared so some other sites that have darker colors. I particularly like the Kona Bay Nature Path. Thanks again. I am sure I will be ordering from them!

Quote Originally Posted by Bev

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast